Chapter 21

*3 weeks later*

By now I was getting sick of being here. It's like a hell to me. I haven't had human contact for three weeks. I knew where I was now, but I wish I didn't. It's an institution. I'm being put in with a bunch of crazy people. What makes it worse, is the screaming at night, the pained cries of those around me. I don't know anyone here at all. And they don't know me. I'd prefer that though. So no one bothers me.
I was just sitting on the chair like I usually do. I don't move. I sit in the same place for about 9 hours straight in a day. But today was different, I could hear noises all through the building. To add to this, my door mysteriously fell down. No joke, it was now lying on the floor. Patients were running past with weapons and everything. I eventually got up to see what was going on. My legs were weak, so I could barely walk. When I dragged myself into a room, there were workers lying dead on the floor.
"Nice...." I whispered.
I continued walking through the establishment. I eventually came to a staircase straight down. I dragged myself down, when I got to the bottom, there was a room, empty as far as the eye could see.

I slowly progressed back up the stairs. A guy was stood at the top.
"Are you injured?" He asked.
"No" I replied.
"Thank goodness. I'm helping you all. As you probably know, the staff have been abusive to some patients. So I'm busting you all out" he said.
"I see. That's what the screaming was" I whispered.
"Which room were you in?" He asked.
I thought and tried to remember. I couldn't.  I didn't even know there was a number system.
"I don't know. I was locked in the whole time. I haven't seen anyone for ages" I replied.
"Come with me then. I can get you your belongings back" he said.
I followed him to what looked like the main enterance.
"Name?"
"Kurosaki Sakurai" I replied.
"Here" he said passing me a box.
Everything I had was in it, including a picture of Takuto and Kazuki.
"They yours?" He asked.
"Yeah. I miss them so much" I replied.
"You'll see them soon enough" he said.

We met up with a group of other patients. They were all excited for getting out.
"Is this everyone" Asked Daisuke (the guy who met up with Kurosaki).
"Yes" said a guy from the back.
We all walked through the building. As we progressed, a thick smoke filled the air, soon we met up with an unexpected guest. A red flicker of flame rampaged to the sight of us, destroying everything that dares defy it's blazing fury. The inferno of the night, the last light.