Sorry's Not Good Enough- Chapter 4

Recap:

 “Oh, so are you like, okay if I pick you up and we can go somewhere?” I ask hopefully.

 “Where?” 

“Surprise.” I say in a sing song voice.

“Okay then, well should I change what I was wearing?”

“Nah not really. That’s fine.”

“Alright, pick you up at six.” I turned to the clock, 5:30, that leaves half an hour. Okay.

“Okay, see you soon.” She says and hangs up. I smile up at Jason.

“See you later Bro!” he laughs as I leave his house.

Story:

**Ava**

I ended up changing my brown shirt for a blue and white striped one and put two braids on the side of my hair, leaving some loose still. At about 5 till six, I heard my doorbell ring. I was still putting on my wedge booties so my Dad ended up answering the door. I peeked downstairs and saw my Dad with his arms folded across his chest, but a smile on his face. Nick ran a hand through his curls and shifted from leg to leg kind of nervously.

I grabbed my bag and phone, then descended down the stairs.

“Hey Nick.” I said, giving him a hug.

“Ava.” He said.

“Well, Ava I was just telling this young man here that we’ll be leaving tomorrow early and that I need you back no later than midnight. Alright?” my father said, staring at Nick rather than me.

“Yes Dad, promise I’ll be back by midnight.” I said, grabbing Nick’s hand and pulling him out the door.

“Nice meeting you Mr. O’Conner!” Nick shouted over my shoulder. He walked in front of me, still holding my hand and opened my door.

“Aw, how cute.” I pinched his cheeks and smiled at him. He just laughed, blushing a little. He went around the car and then stepped in the drivers seat.

“So uh, where do you wanna go?” he asks.

“Uh, I don’t know. Let’s go to the lake?” he asks, smiling real wide.

“Uh, the lake? But we don’t have swimming stuff.” I said, concerned.

“No, not to swim. We can make a fire and just sit around.”

“Alright.” I say with a smile.

He drove out of my house and towards a Wal-mart.

“What are we doing here?”

“I have to get a blanket, lighter and pillow.” He says. I nod and got out as well, I headed towards the Starbucks a few stores down and got us two peppermint mochas. When I got out, he was waiting for me outside already.

“Whatcha get me?” he asks, poking my sides.

“A peppermint mocha, it’s my favorite and if you don’t like it, I’ll drink it.” He took a sip and nodded,

“It’s good.”

“Aww, I wanted two coffees.” I pout. I hear him chuckle and he opens the door for me again.

“Gosh, did you like take classes on how to be a gentleman or something?”

“Not even, it’s just being polite.” He smiles and I swear my heart skipped a beat. I settled in the seat and pulled out my phone before he got all around the car.