Chapter 10: Date #2

Deanna's P.O.V

It's been a while since I saw Nick, I wanted to separate myself from the world since the whole 'News Thing'. I was distraught from my thoughts when a knock came from my door.

"Hey Sweetie" My mother said as she made her to my bed and closed the door behind her.

"Cookies?" She passed the tray over

I grabbed a cookie and shoved the warm chocolate in my mouth as it watered for more. I sighed and I sat up and kept my back straight.

"Sweetie relax she's gonna be ok" My mother told me rubbing circles on my back

I never told my mom what happened between me and Claire but all she knows is that she is at the hospital and that was it...

"I know it's just that-" I was in the middle of my sentence when my phone vibrated alerting me that I had a text message.

From Nick: I haven't heard from you in a while so I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date tonight?

"Speak of the devil" I spoke to myself so low that only I could here

"Is everything alright sweetie?" My mom looked at me with sympathy.

"Um...yeah" I said, my face scrunched up as I replied to the text message

Um yeah sure pick me up tomorrow at 3 ;)

From Nick: Sounds like a plan ;)

I smiled "Hey mom I'm going out tomorrow at 3 ish ok?"

"Sounds fine dear well" She said as she got up "Let me go get dinner ready you're father will be here at 5!" My mother said as she walked out the door down the stares when I herd the door bell ring.

I went down stares and opened the door not even looking to see who it was.

"Hey da-" But it wasn't my father

"Umm yes?"

"Listen we need to talk" His voice sounded as if he was stressed and tired.

"We? Whats this 'we' shit?" I asked confused and a little agitated at this point also whispering the word shit.

"Well I need to talk to someone closest to Claire and you're the only person that I know"

"Well were not friends anymore so I can't help you" I said closing the door but the door didn't close and then I realized his foot was in the door way.

"Please" His hazel piercing eyes shimmered with sadness

I pushed him backwards outside and closed the door behind me.

"Go ahead" I said crossing my arms waiting for his little 'story'

"Well it all started when I took Claire to the party and.."

He went on for an hour, i had my head in my hands looking at the ground with wide eyes about to tear my hair off my scalp so I just had to stop myself from going through this torture it was just killing me.

"So then I kissed her at the hospital-"

"DANNY!"

Danny gave me a blank stare, "Im sorry I know you love her and blah but Im not her friend there for I don't give a fuck"

"Oh, sorry for wasting you're time nice to see you though" He walked away with a sad look.

"Dammit..Danny wait!" I ran to him and put my hand on his shoulder

"Tell her how you feel and you're side if she loves you back she'll go to you and if she doesn't then move on"

"Thanks" Danny said with a smile and I headed back inside