Chapter 12: What Goes Up Must Come Down

Claire's P.O.V

"Claire and...Jessica" Mrs. Montgomery said with a smile. Today we were working on projects and she assigned partners. Great. Hoped mine actually liked me.

I stood up and approached Jessica. She was very pretty and when I say it I meant it. She had a very great taste in style too. She wore a long sleeved white shirt tucked in her navy blue skirt designed with white small doves. They weren't on every spot of her shirk but scattered around areas. Her auburn hair was to the side in a fish tail braid. Her hair was below her chest so it was pretty long. Her eyes were defined with black making her grey eyes pop. Her skin was light and she had a light red on her thin lips. Her neckless reached the top, barley touching the top, of her skirt. Her nails were painted the same color of her lipstick. She sat there with her legs crossed and her brown side bad resting on her shoulder, her chin resting in her palm and her other finger tips clacking on the desk.

It's not gay to think someone's pretty...right? Nah...right?

"Hi I'm Claire, ill be your partner" I said sticking my hand out with a smile. She turned her head towards me with no expression. Then she surprised me pulling the chair out for me to sit. "I am Jessica" she repeated my actions and we shook hands.

"Love your outfit" I said with a friendly smile

Just keep smiling. Just smile. Just smile. Smile! Smile! Smile!

"This? Well thanks!" she grinned "I like your shoes"

"Oh thanks," as I look down to see what I'm wearing. A plain black hoodie with dark blue skinny jeans and black vans.

"So what are we suppose to be doing?" She groaned putting her head in her arms.

"Uh.." I grabbed the paper for the assignment. "Were suppose to and I quote 'Conduct a song that represents both of you' whatever the hell that means" saying the last part under my breath.

"Conduct a song..." I herd Jessica say before the bell rang.

"This is due Friday!" Mrs. Montgomery yelled before the kids could be dismissed.

"Uh so.." I said roaming my eyes at every little object in the room.

"What class do you have next?" Jessica asked.

"Lunch, not really a class but..yeah.."

"Me too! We should sit together" as she locked arms with mines.

"Do you like new people?" She asked

"Not reall-"

"Well suck it up 'cause your gonna meet a couple of people today" She said with a devious smirk

Uh oh

"Hey guys!" Jessica cheered

"This is Claire! Claire this is Tony, Callie, Sarah, and Kate." She said gesturing to the person she spoke.

"Hi" I waved my hand

Jessica took a seat next to Tony and gave him a kiss while I sat between Sarah and Callie. After a while they were amazing and really funny.

"Oh my gosh! I almost chocked" I exclaimed which only made me laugh harder.

"Aw it's almost the end if lunch!" Kate said with a frown but just as the frown appeared on her face the bell rang.

We all got up and said our good byes which was really sad cause that was really fun lunch.

•••

It was the next morning when I walked myself to class when I noticed things where just off.

Everyone was looking at me as whispers filled the halls.