forty- four

Grey and Meg walked out of the diner into the darkness of the city. Neither of them knew that it was so late, and neither had expected it to be so cold. Grey turned up his coat collar and pulled his had down further on his head. Meg whipped out a leather jacket seemingly out of thin air, and slipped it on. Somehow Grey had managed to enjoy their time in the diner, and they had walked out laughing like old friends.

Meg's p.o.v.

Yes! i have Grey on board. finally! and I'm still ahead of the game. phase one complete.

Summer's p.o.v.

I was at the library closing up. Grey hadn't come. I didn't expect him to. Meg probably drove him off track somewhere again. I need to cure her of that. I put the story of 52 into my bag and clip it shut. I sling the bag over my shoulder. the plan was to send Grey to the library and let me give him the book, but Meg's just going by her schedule. We have until tomorrow afternoon to get it all explained to him and get him going on his quest. I turn off all the lights, and turn toward the bookshelves. There, I see in front of me, is a huge dark shadow. it was draped with a long, black, whisping cloak. it had the face of a glowing white skeleton head. I dropped everything, instantly paralyzed with fear. I all of a sudden knew exactly knew what it was. the ghost of havoc.