forty-three

Grey's p.o.v.

After our conversation in the diner, Meg and I feel more like partners. She helped me figure out a plan for the mission. Tomorrow, we'll go to the library and get the book. From there, she'll sign my paper, and we'll get on the mission. Right now, we're walking along the sidewalk again. I have more idea where I'm going to sleep tonight, and I'm definitely tired from walking around all day. I'm so ready to actually GET somewhere with this quest.

"I have NO idea where I'm gonan stay tonight." I breathed, hoping that Meg might have an idea. she did. "ok. I think I can help." we stopped walking and she reached into her pocket. she pulled out two playing cards and handed me one. "okay, so we're gonna put these on the ground, then you''ll grab my arm. and on the count of three, we'll jump on the cards." I give her a weird look, and she chuckles. we lay our cards on the ground, and she links our arms. "okay on the count of three. One... Two... THREE!" we both jump, and we're off.

When we jump, I expect to feel nothing but the ground beneath my feet, but I feel a bright white light wrap itself around me. My eyes fly open, and I'm traveling through a bright tunnel of light. the tunnel has a tiny silver door at the end. I look over at Meg, who is already looking at me. She smiles, and shakes her head, then focuses on the door, so I do the same. I started to screech because when I looked, the door was about 3 feet away from my face. instead of the collision that I expected, we flew straight through the door, and landed in a large circular, metal room.

The room we land in is empty, except for a metal desk in the center of the room. the lady at the desk had light blonde hair like winter's, and pale green eyes. She looked up from her writing at the desk when she saw us approaching. "Aha, Meg," Meg grabbed my arm tightly, "so this must be your prisoner."