IV

As soon as he pulled away Justin was instantly filled with regret.

Why had he kissed Selena? He couldn't seem to figure it out. A sudden urge to kiss her had taken over his body until their lips were connected. Even as he sat beside her filled with regret he couldn't help but want more, even though he knew he shouldn't. He was convinced she was going to think that he liked her or something.

He was leading her on. He knew that if he kept this up, she would eventually be left with nothing but shattered pieces of her heart. He could never give her a proper relationship. It just wasn't in his character and he sure as hell wasn't going to change for her. He wasn't the kind of guy to be tied down to one girl. He would never be able to give Selena what she wanted. All he could offer her was a fake relationship. He could never stay faithful. He was too much of a playboy. He enjoyed going from girl to girl and he knew Selena deserved better. He had thought that perhaps if they became friends things would be less awkward between them. But now it was clear to him that one of them was just going to get hurt unless he found some self control.

"Is everything alright?" Selena asked, bringing Justin back to reality.

He blinked a few times.

"Yeah, everything is fine," he replied, forcing himself to give her a reassuring smile.

Although it must not have been very convincing because the way Selena was looking at him, he could tell she knew he was lying.

"I've just got a lot on my mind. I've got a tour coming up and I'm just stressed. That's all," he lied.

It wasn't a complete lie. He was indeed going on tour, but he wasn't the slightest bit stressed about it. But the look in Selena's beautiful brown eyes told him she had bought it.

"Come on it's still pretty early why don't we go inside and get some sleep," Selena suggested.

"I think I'm going to stay out a little longer," Justin said.

Selena nodded in response.

"I guess I'll see you later then," she said.

"I guess you will," Justin said looking out at the sunrise.

"Justin?" She said.

"Mhm," he mumbled.

"Don't over think things," Selena said with a sigh.

She had begun to walk back to the house and Justin knew their was no chance she would be able to hear him but he replied anyway.

"I won't," he said.

He had already made up his mind. Whatever flirty thing he had going on with Selena had to come to an end before she got hurt. Because for some odd reason he found himself concerned for her feelings.

He stared out at the ocean watching as the gentle waves made contact with the white sand. They had only been in Hawaii for two days and things had already become crazy. Their relationship had changed drastically. Just two days ago Selena had wanted nothing to do with Justin and now, he felt like they actually had a shot at being friends. Yet he couldn't shake the question that lingered in the back of his mind. What if Selena caught feelings? The answer was simple, he would have to end whatever friendship they had developed and they would have to go back to ignoring each other. But if it did truly come to that, would he really be able to begin ignoring her again? He had become quite fond of her company.

Justin ran his hand though his hair, letting out a frustrated sigh.

It was all for publicity, so how had his life become so complicated?