V

"You ready to be back in LA?" Selena asked Justin, attempting to break the awkward tension that had settled between them.

Justin had been silent the whole flight back to Los Angelos and it didn't take a genius to figure out why.

Selena knew Justin was upset about the cute guy she had met in Hawaii. Just before they had left, he had come to say goodbye and kissed Selena on the cheek. Justin had been silent since and it was clear he jealous. Selena just couldn't understand why.

It was a mere kiss on the cheek. Even so, Justin knew that their relationship was strictly business, he didn't have any claim on her. So why did it matter if she flirted with another guy? She wasn't going to see the cute brunette ever again and it's not like her and Justin were actually together. Sure they had shared their moments and she enjoyed his company, but Selena knew better than to let herself fall for someone like Justin.

"I guess," he shrugged in response.

Selena frowned.

The two had grown much closer on their trip to Hawaii. Since the whole situation with the blonde, they had come to a mutual understanding, that had made the whole situation easier to bear. There was a newfound sense of respect and friendliness between the two, with occasional make out session here and there. Neither of them could deny that there was a spark between them, that left both of them wanting more. Although, neither would act on the feeling.

Even though they wouldn't admit it, they were both afraid that whatever weird friendship they had developed, it would slip away the moment they got back to LA.

They both knew things would naturally change. They wouldn't be living together or seeing each other nearly as much and it was only a matter of time before Justin left to go on tour.

"I'm going to miss the quietness in Hawaii. Sure there were paps, but they weren't following our every move. We had some room to breathe, Justin said suddenly. "I bet the moment we get off the plane we're gonna be surrounded by paps."

Selena was taken back by his sudden outburst. "Isn't that a good thing though? The more paps, the more publicity. That's the whole point of this."

Justin sighed, "I guess, I just don't want my life to become a tabloid story."

Selena stared at the man across from her with sympathy. She knew all too well that the pressures of being famous could be overwhelming. Everyone was always watching, waiting for you to slip up.

After a moment of silence, she finally spoke, "I know what you mean, but it's the life we chose. We're stuck with it whether we like it or not."

Justin remained silent, staring outside the plane window. He watched as they made their descent down to Los Angelos.

"I don't want things to go back to how they were before we left," he blurted out suddenly.

Selena looked at him, shock evident on her face. She knew they both felt it, but she never expected Justin to be the one to say it out loud.

"I don't either. But things will change whether we like it or not. You're going on tour soon. We won't be seeing each other nearly as much, it's only natural if we drift apart," Selena sighed.

Justin frowned, "I guess you're right."

Suddenly an idea came to mind and a smile began to replace his frown. "I'm not leaving for another two week, that gives us tons of time to hang out. And if you wanted to, you could even come visit me on tour."