Prologue

A young girl of (h/c) hair ran aimlessly around the palace grounds, crying. She ran to the only place she known to be comforted by: the palace gardens. Running along the corridors, turning left and right, she reached the garden. Tired, she slumped down onto the ground, sobbing quietly to herself. Behind her came a figure that put a hand on the girl's shoulder. Frightened of who it was, she flinched and turn around terrified, only to meet the kind eyes of her loving mother. "Mama!" she cried out, immediately latching onto her mother's torso. The mother comforted the girl with soft shushing and stroked her daughter's hair lovingly.

"What's wrong (Y/N)?"

(Y/N) sniffled and released a shaky breath. "W-Why... does Papa not like me..."

Her mother looked at her surprised. "Why would you say that?"

The young girl sniffled again. "B-Because... Papa, h-he always looks at me as if he doesn't want me... a-and he spends more time with Celeste..."

Her mother looked at her reassuringly and patted her hand. "I doubt Papa-" She was interrupted by the (h/c) girl.

"Yes he does! He hates me! H-He gives me that same look the townspeople give me!" she blurts out.

Her mother looks at her with sadness, knowing very well that the girl's father very much did hate, no loathed, the child. She held onto her child tightly and let some tears roll down her cheeks. "Listen to me (Y/N). No matter what happens, no matter what obstacles come in your way, please do not hate yourself." (Y/N) listened to her mother's words. "Though there are those who try to define you, don't ever let them take away the light, which I so much love about you, that is inside you. Understand?" The child nodded her head. Together, they silently cried in each other's arms.

- - -

"Mama... Why did you leave me..." (Y/N) cried in the very same spot where she and her mother cried together a few years ago. Behind her was her twin sister, Celeste, who had beautifully long flowing hair in which softly frames her angelic complexion. She too was mourning for their mother's sudden death. However, between the both of them, (Y/N) has taken their mother's death much harder.

"(Y/N)..." Celeste quietly mumbles as she embraces her twin's shaking figure. "I'm here for you... Don't cry, knowing Mama, she doesn't want us to keep on crying for her." Knowing her sister's words to be true, (Y/N) sniffles and wipes her remaining tears away.

"Celeste, (Y/N)," a deep voice called from behind them.

"Papa, what is it?" Celeste questions her father.

"It is time." The two girls looked at each other knowingly and stood up to follow their father to where every princess must go.

- - -

The two girls were left in a room of a known mansion where princesses from all kingdoms gather together to live in wait for their future prince.

"Now, it won't be long until your prince comes for you my dear Celeste," her father told her lovingly as he held onto her. He stood up to take his leave. He took a glance at the (h/c) girl and scoffed. He then left, leaving the girls alone in their assigned room.

"Hey, (Y/N). I wonder who my prince will be," her twin stated dreamily.

(Y/N) giggled and started to imagine her prince too. "I just hope he doesn't hate me...like everyone else..." she mumbles softly to herself.

Years passed and many princesses were here and gone. (Y/N) watched as her sister and many other princesses were taken and swept off their feet by their Prince Charming. All except herself. From the day her twin was taken by her prince, which was only a week after arriving, (Y/N) marked on the walls of her room the days that have passed, still in waiting for her own prince. As the years passed, the (h/c) princess began to lose hope. And with her fading light came the growing loneliness inside her heart. But there was still a tiny spark inside, still hoping for her prince to come.