Chapter Three

(Y/N) sat in an elegantly decorated room, dressed in a (f/c) colored silk dress that flows softly down to her feet. She was so confused on what was currently happening to her. She was so sure that she would be stuck in the underground cells for the rest of her life, but she was proven wrong.

- - -

After (Y/N)'s and Mikasa's discussion, the cell doors slid opened on its own, releasing all the women in the underground cell room. This surprised all those trapped in the cells.

"What happened?"

"What's going on?"

"How did the doors open on its own?"

Questions roamed around the air of the room, confused and surprised of what just has occurred in front of them. Then, everyone's attention went to the group who had entered the underground chambers. With a deep voice, the man known as Erwin has told them of the situation, revealing their identities to those present. The black haired man was called Levi and the woman was Hange. They were his loyal followers and soldiers. Erwin was their king, and he then revealed that they were winged demons whom some called Seraphim. The women were then told that they will now be living in his palace until further notice. Terrified yet relieved, they followed his command.

- - -

Even though that was only a few days ago, (Y/N) continues to be in thought for his reason. 'Why did he take us in?' She was so confused, questioning why a demon of all things would take humans in. 'What would he gain from this? What is the purpose? Why did he set us free?' Deep into thought, (Y/N) didn't hear the knocking of the door. The door opens slightly.

"(Y/N)?" It was Mikasa. She makes her way into the room (Y/N) now occupies. Her gray eyes loom over to (Y/N) who has a face of concentration on.

Feeling a presence in the room, (Y/N) looks up to meet Mikasa's worried eyes. "Mikasa... What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to check on how you are doing."

(Y/N) gave a small smile. "I'm fine. Are you?" Mikasa nodded her head. (Y/N) lets out a small sigh and stood up to stretch her tense muscles. She lets out a yawn, "I'm bored."

"Do you want to take a walk?" Mikasa suggested.

(Y/N) lets out a smile. "Sure!"

Together, the pair walks out of (Y/N)'s room and took a stroll around the palace in silence, occasionally having small talk here and there. Often times they meet the other women who were also there, and they greeted each other with shy smiles. Walking along the corridors, (Y/N) was reminded of the palace she once grew up in. Her eyes waters slightly from the memories of how she was treated back then by her father and people, comparing to how she was treated not too long ago while locked in a cage.

Noticing (Y/N)'s distress, Mikasa puts a comforting hand on her shoulder and softly smiles at the girl. (Y/N) stares at Mikasa and gives a reassuring smile back. (Y/N) chuckles a bit.

"What is it? What's so funny?" Mikasa questions (Y/N)'s behavior.

(Y/N) takes in a breath before replying. "I-It's nothing... It's just that..." Mikasa looks at the (h/c) haired girl curiously. "I don't know how I didn't notice this before, but, you should smile more Mikasa. You look so pretty." The black haired girl became flustered by this compliment. The (h/c) haired girl laughed at her friend's flustered face.

Soon enough, they reached an area where flowers of all kinds stood in its place, embracing their world. "This must be the palace gardens..." (Y/N) mumbles in a trance. A nostalgic feeling came to her, and she smiles sadly in remembrance of her mother. Together the two girls sat in silence, taking in the view that they may not ever see again.

- - -

From the corner of her eye, (Y/N) sees Mikasa getting up from her seat. She turns her head to her friend. "I'm going to go get some sleep," Mikasa tells (Y/N).

The (h/c) haired girl nodded her head. "Okay. I'm going to stay out here for a bit longer."

"Just don't stay out too long," Mikasa replies. (Y/N) just nods her head, and Mikasa leaves to her bedroom.

(Y/N) slowly breathes in the air and lets out a content sigh. "It's so peaceful..."

"It is, isn't it?" a husky voice commented from behind her. Startled, (Y/N) abruptly turns around to face none other than the King of Seraphim, Erwin Smith.