Chapter Two

From (Y/N)'s view, her (e/c) eyes comes to meet three figures: two men and one woman. They seem to be talking amongst themselves. Slowly, (Y/N) sat up, as did everyone else in the underground cell room. They were all curious of who these people were, especially when they brought another woman with them.

"Who's that?"

"Who are they?"

"What do they want?" were the murmurs surrounding around the mysterious group.

(Y/N) too had the same questions floating around in her mind. Her eyes took in the sight. The woman had brunette hair tied up in a ponytail along with glasses framing her excited face. The man she was talking to was of short stature with black hair and stern blue eyes reflecting his annoyance with the woman. Between them was a man with parted blond hair slicked to each side. His eyes were a fierce blue color that would drive any person away from him, yet it pulled the (h/c) girl in, wanting to discover what was behind those captivating eyes. Then, their eyes met for a brief moment before (Y/N) quickly looks away to the side; her heart thumped in her chest. 'What's this feeling?' she questions herself.

"Tsk, filthy place," the black haired man commented. (Y/N) quietly observes the trio with curiosity as they made their way along the cells.

Then there was a scream. "Look at this!" the woman screamed in excitement as she touched a young girl's hand. "Such softness of a maiden's hand! So pale yet alive!" The young girl looked frightened by the woman's behavior.

The short man gave a look of disgust. "Oi, don't touch such filthy things."

"Aw, Shorty, come on! Look at these creatures!" She gave a look of craziness for a moment. "I want to run some tests on them..."

The man she referred to harden his scowl when she called him 'shorty' and gave another annoyed look. "Tsk, filthy humans and their ways," he yet again commented as his eyes wandered around the room. "Oi, Erwin! Why are we here anyways?"

The blond hair man answered, "It was a request."

"So his name is Erwin..." (Y/N) breathed out quietly, unaware that she held it in.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" Mikasa asked the (e/c) girl next to her.

(Y/N) nodded her head. "Yes, I'm fine. I'm just..." Mikasa looks at her curiously as the (h/c) girl held onto her chest where her heart is. Mikasa's eyes showed surprise, for (Y/N) had that same gleam in her eyes again.

She smiles to herself. "Hey, (Y/N)." (Y/N) hums in response. "Do you think we'll ever get out of here?"

(Y/N) looked up at Mikasa in surprised, the gleam still present in her eyes. "W-Why would you ask me that?!" she whisper-yelled at the black haired girl.

"You asked me, so I'm asking for your opinion."

The (h/c) girl looked at her friend and let out a sigh. "I-I... I'm not so sure myself... I accepted the fate that has been given to me a long time ago already. And if I was to live my life like this..." The gleam that shone in her eyes was no longer there. It was back to its original lifeless (e/c) eyes. "...then so be it."

Unknown to the two, Erwin overheard their conversation as the two behind him continued their bickering.