Selene and Luna

This chapter was requested by bmstar19 . I know it's short but I hope you enjoy.

“Hurry Luna, Heather is ready to have her cubs!” Solis cajoled but Luna continued to drag her feet. It's not that Luna wasn't excited by the birth of Heather’s babies.

Heather was the only living survivor of a long line of werebeasts. Luna never knew what kind of werebeast Heather was; she never morphed into her animal for as long as Luna knew her. Luna later discovered it was a side effect of being near a member of the Rovinski blood, Luna's bloodline.

Heather was presented to a five year old Luna, to be her playmate and a lifelong friend. When Luna was older she was giving Blane, a werecat, as her protector. Blane was a snow leopard and a skilled fighter. Two weeks ago, Heather was attacked by vampires. Blane died protecting his pregnant mate, Heather.

Luna was dragging her feet because she was in no hurry to say goodbye to another friend. Heather assured Luna she wasn't going to die and they would raise her cubs together but Luna knew better. The wounds Heather received in the ambush still have not healed and Luna knew it had to be because of the weapons used in the attack. Luna firmly believed the only reason Heather barely clung to life was her babies. Now they were coming and Heather was moments from joining her mate.

Luna took a deep breath and clenched her fists as she the sounds of Heather panting and groaning met her as soon as she reached the room.

“Luna,” Heather panted weakly when her eyes fell upon her.
“I'm here.” Luna tried to keep the sadness out of her voice as she rushed to hold Heather’s hand.
“Luna.” Heather groaned as another contraction tortured her body. Luna stroked Heather’s hair away from her face then dabbed the sweat from her forehead with a cloth.
"You're doing great." Luna offered as encouragement.
“Okay, it's time.” Solis smiled as she lifted the blanket higher to deliver the cubs. “Push!”

Heather took a deep breath and pushed while Solis counted backwards from 10. When Solis reached one, Heather stopped pushing and took a deep breath. She watched Solis and when she nodded Heather started pushing.
“Luna?” Heather whimpered reaching for Luna's hand.
“I'm here. You're doing great, Heather.” Luna tried to reassure her friend by grabbing her hand with both of her own.
“Promise me you with always be there for my children.” Heather groaned.
“We both will.” Luna said kissing Heather’s hand.
“Promise!” Heather insisted as her first child was pulled from her weak body.

Luna looked over as the normal looking baby started crying its head off. She was surprised, she didn't know why but she was expecting an animal.

“It's a girl!” Solis happily announced wrapping the newborn in a blanket.
“Luna, promise you will take care of Selene,” Heather begged.
“She's beautiful.” Luna said holding the baby closer to Heather while Solis rushed back to do something under the blanket. Luna assumed it was to deliver the next child.

“Luna? Please?” Heather weakly touched her daughter's hand and struggled not to close her eyes.
“You know I will.” Luna smiled at Selene then looked up at Heather as she closed her eyes.
“I know you're tired Momma but we are not done.” Solis said then lifted her head from under the blanket. “Ready to ...” Solis fell silent.
Luna cradled Selene closer then started to help sit Heather up, “Come on Heather. I will hold you up, all you have to do is push.” Luna got behind Heather on the floor.
“She can't push, Luna. I'm going to have to cut the baby out.” Solis said solemnly.
Luna placed a soft kiss on Heather’s head.

Solis started cutting to bring Heather’s second child into the world. After three long minutes Solis placed the little boy, that Luna later named Blaine, beside his mother. Despite Solis’ years of training, Blaine never took his first breath.

“He is with you now, Heather. Take good care of him and I will do the same care of Selene.” Luna placed one last kiss on her forehead before Solis placed a sheet over the two. Luna wanted to cry but baby Selene was doing enough of that for both of them.

As Selene grew older, Luna made sure to keep her promise.

Selene attended the best private schools. When she was ten, her first season started. Rebecca Pearl, Selene's headmistress, Luna’s former teacher and a vampire, called Luna to collect Selene before her secret was exposed or other hunters could find out.

Selene was mid transformation when Luna arrived. Selene lunged at Luna when she tried to corner her. Luna in turn, pushed her against the wall. As soon as Selene smelled Luna her transformation started to revert to her human form.Selene started whimpering and crying in Luna’s arms.

Rebecca was impressed and amazed at Luna’s ability to suppress Selene's werebeast. She suggested Luna keep Selene by her side until her season was over. Luna privately tutored her for the next year.

When Ms. Pearl was certain Selene had control over her werebeasts traits she agreed to left Selene back in school where she watched over her until she graduated.

After her graduation Selene joined Luna moving to different towns every few years as not to arise suspicion of their neighbors to their true nature. This worked well until one day Selene accidentally scratched someone.