Chapter 24 [Harry]

"Where is she?", I asked Alice as we gathered around the table for dinner. "She's still in the room," Alice answered. "I think she's warming up since it was so cold." I nodded.

"Ah," Liam looked up. "There she is!" Summer approached us with my coat in hand. She looked so beautiful. She wore a brown dress, less make-up and her hair was loose. "Thank you, Harry," she handed me my jacket.

"Summer," Alice said. "Join us." Summer looked uneasy since the only vacant seat left was beside me. She sighed and sat down. "Thanks for your help, Alice," she said.

The rest of us spent the whole time talking. Summer was just silent. She couldn't even look me in the eye. I wanted to tell her now, but I don't think confessing in public is cool. I have to get her alone.

Ha, if that's easy. She's been avoiding me so it's really hard. But I have to try. I have to tell her. I need to tell her. I need to tell her that I like her.

"I have to go guys," Alice got up. "I have to make my stupid speech that Clayton, who by the way is not here, made me say as some appreciation for all those who helped me in this debut album."

"I'm gonna get a drink," Summer stood up. "I'll be around." She left the table and immediately, the lads and Eleanor huddled with me on the table. "Now's the perfect time," Louis said. "Go talk to Summer."

"How do I say it?", I asked. "Just be yourself," Liam said. "It'll come naturally. When you see her, you'll kno what to say. Go Haz!"

The lads sent me some encouraging messages and I finally have some courage. I was about to get up and go to Summer, who was standing by the food table when the lights dimmed.

The main light was on the stage. Alice appeared with her band on the back. I looked at Niall who was smiling like mad. I glanced at Summer. She didn't move. She just stayed where she is.

"Alright," Alice said. "I'm supposed to make a speech on how thankful I am to all of you. Trust me, I really am. Thank you for all the help you gave me just to make this album possible. I'm glad to have you guys in my journey."

"No words will ever be enough for me to express how I feel for all of you," she continued. "And now, I'm singing my first single in the album. It's coming out in a week. I hope you all like it."

"It's called 'Here's 2 Us'," she added. "It was written by my Best Friend, Summer. With some help from Niall of 1D. It's about bad days, failures, not getting your way, what you want and not getting the guy you like."

The last part made me look at Summer. She was looking back at me then she blushed and looked away. Was I part of the reason wny she wrote that song? Alice did say, "not getting the guy you like".

"Here goes," Alice said. She nodded at her band and they started playing. The crowd was cheering.

Oooooooh

Oooooooh

Niall was blushing as the lads and Eleanor teased him. He likes Alice so much. I think he should ask her out by now. What's wrong with him? Not making a move and all. Wait, he's kind of like me too. I need to make a move on Summer.

Heres to the Mondays

Watching all the cars on the freeway

I aint got a thing to do

Can I sit here next to you?

And oh oh ohhh

Yeah, I kinda wish I got paid

'Cause my card got maxed out yesterday

Could you give me a shot?

And Ill work with what I got