Chapter Five

When I woke up the next morning, I was in full panic mode. What once was a very peaceful house, was now a mad house, as loud sirens began to ring out, nonstop might I add.

Heart pounding heavily in my chest, I forced myself out of bed, and began waking towards the door with a million thoughts running through my mind. Did something terrible happen? Is there a fire? Was I going to burn alive in here? Was there a robber?

With that last thought, I quickly grabbed a nearby umbrella, readying myself to swing at anyone who tried to harm me.

Opening the door, I made it down the hallway and spotted one of the butlers. "What is going on out here?" I screamed with a hint of panic in my voice.

"Do not worry dear, it's just the alarm system your father installed into the house to wake you all up for school" he told me. "It should very much be going off soon" he added, and right as he said it the house went silent again "see, no harm" he smiled kindly at me.

You've got to be kidding me. Who in there right minds would install a 'wake up for school alarm'?!? If I ever hear that blasted sound again I'll snap, I'll kill that old man of mine, I will!

Dragging my feet back down the hallway, I threw the umbrella off to the side and fell face first back into my bed. Back to school alarm eh? Well let's see if that stupid alarm could stop me from going back to sleep! I think a twenty minute nap is well deserved after the mini heart attack I just experienced.