I Love Mike Wazowski

Eating cereal (I have never ventured far with my choices) with Ryan was something I wanted to do every day, I decided. 

We sat in a comfortable silence as we ate, our spoons clanking against our bowls. 

"You and Michael really get along." Ryan finally said, breaking the silence. 

I chewed thoughtfully. "Yeah, I guess. I've only known him a week and a day, but I think I've found a friend in him. He cheers me up."

Ryan nodded. "Would you ever consider a relationship with him?"

I coughed into my bowl, spluttering milk and chewed up HNC into the air. Ryan stood up in concern, but I waved him away. I cleared my throat of bile and surprise.

"Why would you ask that?!?" I exclaimed. 

He shrugged. "I mean...maybe he's the future. You'll need to pick your life back up after James...is dealt with."

I shook my head. "Look, I like Michael and I definitely want him to be a part of my future, but I don't view him as anything more than a friend."

He chewed slowly, avoiding my eyes. "Do you see anyone that way?"

I looked down at my cereal. "No." I said. 

Y'know. Like a liar. 

"Oh." A beat. 

"Not yet." I added. 

"Oh." He cleared his throat. "Well, we should go to the Program's headquarters soon."

I wrinkled my nose at his random change of subject. "Uh, why?"

"I don't know." he trailed off, sounding as if he actually did know. "Look for files...information...stuff."

"Stuff?"

"I bet Michael's friends would love you."

"Seriously? You want me to actively look for a potential partner?"

He shrugged. "I mean, if you want."

"I don't even know what I want for my future, let alone a guy!" I said, lying just a little bit through my teeth. In terms of knowing what I wanted for my future, I knew what I wanted, and he was a guy.

"You don't?" he asked, surprised.

I snorted. "There was only one man I thought about in my time in isolation, Ryan."

He thought for a moment, and then his face fell. "Oh, yeah."

"Just leave the whole...future mate thing alone."

"I'm just thinking about your security. I mean, after all, you can't get hitched to some rando."

"Rando?"

"Yeah, a random dude. Considering your history and all, you'd need someone who can handle the crazy and can protect you."

I threw my spoon into my bowl, a little frustrated. "First of all, I don't need someone who can 'protect me'. If you don't recall, I can handle myself. Secondly, if I even were to marry, I wouldn't rush it and I wouldn't marry for security. Despite your pessimism and lack of faith, I would still marry for love, regardless of how long it would take for me to find it. And thirdly, you don't get to choose for me, you don't get to dictate my choices, because I can make my own choices and right now, there are no open options, except for maybe--" I cut my rant off when I realized what I was about to slip out.

"Except for?"he said. 

You, I thought. "It doesn't matter. It's a dead end."

He prodded me with his spoon. "Tell me."

"Forget it. He's not really here." I said, looking him in the eye. "At least...not forever."

"But what's his name?"

I sighed, giving him a look. But he kept prodding me, like a little child would.

"Naniya!" he whined. "Tell meeeee!"

"Mike Wazowski." I replied drily. I heard a burst of laughter upstairs, and scowled at the ceiling.

"Who's that?" he replied, completely serious.

I snorted for the second time this morning. I suddenly realized that Ryan had probably never watched a Disney movie. Well, I'd have to introduce him to pop culture. After all, even if I didn't care, I still made sure to catch up with the better movies of the current time. 

"Oh, he's great." I said, the sarcasm rising in my voice. "A real trooper, y'know. Hard worker, funny, pretty nice. He's got a brain, that's for sure. Totally carries a team."

"Really. What's he look like?"

"Eh, short. Horrible teeth. Mmm...got a sickly green tinge to his skin."

"Huh." Ryan replied, eyes wide with confusion.

"Has one eye." I added. Ryan looked at me, with question in his eyes. 

"Um. Where is he?"

"Mmm, you know, I'm not sure, but the last time it mattered, he was in the Alps with his pal. At least, I think it was the Alps."

I rolled my eyes when Ryan stroked his chin. "He's from Austria?"

"Sure. You should look him up, he's kind of famous."

He nodded. "I'll see what I can do." He ran upstairs, passing Michael on the way.

I put our bowls into the sink as Michael sat down on the counter next to me, holding in laughter. There were tears in his eyes.

"Messing with your boyfriend?"

"Did you enjoy all that?" I asked, smirking. 

"Hell yeah. I started crying when you started talking about the monster's one eye."

I laughed. "He'll figure it out soon." I sat on the counter opposite of him.

"By the way, I did hear...that thing about me. You should know..."

I raised a brow. 

"I have no attraction whatsoever to you or any intention of getting hitched with you." he said, laughing. "I want you to be happy, though. And I'm not suggesting you search or anything like what Ryan is saying. But," his voice dropped a decibel," if Ryan makes you happy, why not go for it?"

I sighed. "Plenty of reasons. I mean, he's not permanent, Michael. After James dies, he'll leave. On top of that, I don't even know how I really feel and even if I did, would he reciprocate? When this is over, could I even ask him to come back with me to Washington? Would anything even work out. And, furthermore--" Michael threw a rag at me, stopping my monologue in its tracks. 

"Wow. You talk a lot. How did you even survive without company for so long?" I glared at him pointedly. "Look, Naniya. It was only a suggestion. But I see something there. Just give it time, don't overthink." He hopped down from the counter. "As for us, I feel like I've found something worthy of a lifetime in you. I haven't had too many friends because they don't have enough substance, but you're one of a kind. You're a good person."

My heart warmed, and I smiled. I was about to say 'thank you', when Ryan suddenly yelled "Naniya!" from upstairs.

"Mike Wazowski is a cartoon?!?!?"

Michael and I both burst out laughing, and headed upstairs to see what damage we'd done.

ANOTHER UPDATE? WHAT IS THIS MAGIC?

Vote, comment, follow, share, pls. 

-Amira.