//Nine//

•Abigail•

Days had passed and there was still no sign of Grace anywhere. I, myself was beginning to get paranoid. Sophia was the most worried out of all of us. Edward and I had been seeing each other more often. We were together almost everyday. We weren't dating but we had been having well... Pretty steamy make out sessions in the hallways.

"Abby!" Some shouted my name, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I looked between Sophia and Panda. Giving them my full attention.

"Don't worry about it Panda, she's got her head in the clouds. As usual." Sophia said.

I opened my mouth to say something but got interrupted by another person.

"Hey guys!" The voice said, it sounded a lot like...

"Grace?!" Sophia beamed, jumping up from her chair and hugging her blonde haired friend.

When she pulled away she looked down and smiled at me. Her fair skin was now pale, her eyes were no longer a blue, they were a golden brown just like Edwards. Her lips were no longer a light shade a pink. They were blood red. Almost like she was wearing lipstick.

"Grace?" I said, staring at her in front of me.

"That's me," she smirked. As I stared I mananged to see Edward down the hall. His eyes glaring at Grace, one look at me and I knew my theories were right.

But who changed her?

"I'll be right back." I said, as I got up grace grabbed my arm. My head snapped to look at her, every ounce of my body tensed up. She pulled me down to her level and wrapped her arms around me in a hug.

"I missed you." She whispered into my ear, sending a shiver up my spine. She let go of me and smiled before turning back to Sophia. I quickly made my way down the hall to Edward.

Is swallowed the lump that was beginning to form in my throat "She's here to kill me isn't she. W-why is she like that? Edward who turned her!" I whisper panicked. My heart was racing and beads of sweat began to form on my forehead.

"Whoever changed her has managed to steer clear from her thoughts making it impossible for me to see who it is," he frowned.

My stomached churned, I was being hunted by not one vampire but two and one of them happens to be my bestfriend.

"Nothing's going to happen I swear," he whispered grabbing my hands. I looked up and met his warm golden eyes, standing on my tippy toes I pressed my lips on his.

He cupped my face with his hands, pulling away he rests his forehead on mine.

"Go out with me?" He whispered.

"No." I smiled slightly, biting my lip.

"Why not?" He asked.

Bella's face flashed through my mind. It felt wrong but so right. I craved to be with him but it felt weird, wrong.

"I gotta go." I said, pecking his lips once more before turning on my heel and walking back to my table.

Looking at my table I froze when I saw Grace sitting next to Panda and Sophia. Her eyes shot up to mine a smirk forming in her face. "Abby," the way she said my name was wrong, intimidating. "Come. Sit down," her smirk not leaving her face.

I slowly took a seat next to her, awkwardly trying to slowly shuffle away.

"So, you and Edward a thing huh?" She asked, her stupid smirk still on her face.

"I-I guess." I said, trying to hold in my nerves and not let them show.

"I mean if I was in your position I'd pounce as soon as I had the chance." She said. This definitely was not the Grace I knew. Sophia and Panda exchanged confused glances, obviously confused about her new actions.

Thankfully the bell went off, I got up probably faster than I should have and took off down the hall to my next class.

Shuffling through the crowd of people in the halls I managed to find my next class room, walking in I sat at my spot and sighed. My eyes shot up as I saw a familiar person sit next to me, my eye met Edwards. "Everything will work out okay," he reassured.

"I don't know anymore, how can you be so sure?" I asked.

"Because I'll be here, I'll protect you Abby I promise."

He grabbed my hand, squeezing it reassuringly. I smiled at him slightly.

-------

While waiting for Jacob Edward and I made out for what seemed to be the millionth time today. I don't know what had gotten into me but I never wanted to stop. Probably my hormones catching up with me. I always thought guys were gross.

Once Jacob pulled up I pulled away and said my goodbye before hopping on Jacobs bike.

"Hey Jake!" I smiled, grabbing his helmet off him and hopping on his bike. He ignored me and kick started his bike, we soon sped off. 

Once I was home I threw my bag on the couch and invited Jake inside.

"So are you and Cullen a thing now?" He asked, his face was unreadable.

I plopped down on the couch "I dunno, maybe." I looked over at him and smirked "why? Is someone jealous?" I teased. A small smile crept onto his face.

"No." He plopped down beside me.

I raised an eyebrow before shrugging it off. "How was your day?" I asked.

"Yep." Was all he said, I frowned what was going on with him?

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked.

"Yes I'm okay," he nodded this time more friendly. Why all of a sudden was he being all bipolar?

"Okay, anyways I was thinking maybe we could see a movie tonight?" I said.

"Um actually Abby I've got things to do." He said.

"Oh.. Okay..."

"Anyways I better get home, maybe another time?" He said, standing up.

"Oh, yeah. Sure." I said, feeling slightly sad.

It hurt he always used to hang out with me, "I guess I'll see you around," he said walking out the door.

"See... you" I said watching as he drove down the road. I sighed and shut the door. I decided to cook dinner while I waited for Charlie to come home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at that! Three updates in three days! Boooooom! I am a legend!

Vote, Comment.

Love you all xxx

~Eliza~