//Twelve//

•Abigail•

I awoke to little rays of evening sunlight shining through my curtains. Sitting up, I let out a stretch and a yawn. I blinked a few times and looked around, Edward was no where to be seen. I grabbed my phone off of my bedside table and turned it on. No messages. I sat back on the bedside table and slowly got out of bed. My legs felt a little weak.

I walked downstairs, Charlie was passed out on the couch. The only sound in the house was the tv. I looked for a note that Edward might have left but I was disappointed when I found nothing.

I sighed and walked into the lounge only to be interrupted by a knock on the door. Walking over I opened it, eyes widened as I saw Grace standing there. "G-Grace..." I squeaked.

"Abby, I have come here to inform you that Bella and Edward have left town."

A lump formed in my throat, "h-he's with B-Bella?"

"Yes," she nodded. Tears welled in my eyes, she came back and Edward left... He wouldn't would he?

"Thank you for telling me," I nodded trying so hard not to break down and cry.

"Do you need a hug?" She asked, opening her arms. A big part of me was against it but the tiny part of me said yes, I do need a hug.

I accepted the gesture, she wrapped her arms around me tightly, rubbing my back soothingly. For a minute it seemed like she was the old Grace again.

"How about some ice cream?" She asked, I thought for a moment before answering. Did I really want to risk going out with Grace?

I shrugged "why not."

We walked over to her car and hopped in, she quickly started the car and sped off down the street. "So how have you been?" I asked.

"Great!" She smiled.

"That's good," I smiled. "Where were you Grace?" I asked.

She tensed up for a moment "I was visiting my dad in Georgia.." She said. Her story was almost believable, almost.

"How was that?" I asked, going along with her story.

"It was great." She smiled.

"It was sudden aswell." I said.

"Yeah, well I kinda just thought of it last minute." She nervously laughed.

"Oh? Well we all missed you," I said.

"I missed you guys to," she smiled.

After coming to a stop we hopped out and walked into the shop. Walking up to the counter we got our ice creams and sat down, I quickly dug in but stopped when I saw she wasn't eating.

"You're not eating?" I questioned already knowing the answer to the question.

"Oh.. not hungry," she said throwing it away.

"Right.." I nodded.

"So anyways, what's the deal with you and Jacob?" She asked, I looked up from my ice cream.

"Grace?"

"Mmm?"

"Did you come here to be my friend or to interrogate me on my life?" I asked. She looked taken aback.

"I was just trying to make conversation." She smiled slightly. She looked nervous.

"Well, you don't really need to know." I blankly stated.

"Okay then," she nodded.

"I think, I want to go home now," i said taking the last bite of my ice cream.

"Why dont we go to the mall?" She asked.

"No thank you, I would like to go home please," I repeated. This was a bad idea. I never should have come here with her.

"Oh, alright." She said.

-------

The whole ride back to my house Grace tried changing my mind about going back. I politely declined each suggestion. I didn't want to be with her another second longer.

"Maybe I co-" I cut her off.

"Grace, no. Okay? I'm sorry I just wanna be left alone. Go hang with Sophia or panda." I said, closing the door on her. I heard her sigh from the other side of the door.

I thought back to earlier when I had heard Laurent calling me. An idea popped into my mind. I closed my eyes and concentrated on my hearing.

As her footsteps got fainter I started to hear rustling. Maybe she was in her bag? I hear a 'flick' sound, like she was opening her phone. I put my ear closer to the door, thinking maybe I'll hear better.

I heard a few clicks of buttons then a dialling sound. Before I could hear anything else I was knocked out of my concentration.

"Abby?" Charlie said.

I turned around and stood up straight. He looked at me confused.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Oh! Uh.. Nothing," I squeaked. I listened as her car deove down the street. Dammit!

"Okay then," he chuckled to himself, "I've noticed you and Jake haven't hung out, what happened?" He asked.

"I don't know..." I shrugged.

"Maybe you should try talking to him?" Charlie suggested.

"Maybe," I nodded.

I made my way upstairs and fell back onto my bed. I stared up at the bare white ceiling. I wanted to cry but it's like I didn't have any tears left. It was almost like I didn't care. I did though. It hurts so much.

It's one of those pains that feels like it's meant to be unbearable but it's just.. Numb.

First Bella leaves, then Jacob and now Edward. I don't know what I'd do if Charlie left me.

I wanted so badly to be pissed at Bella. For leaving me, for taking Edward away from me, for hurting Charlie. But I didn't have the energy.

My mind was so full of stuff I didn't know what to think about. Firstly, those wolves. Where did they come from? I though Athena was the only wolf? They... Protected me?

My thoughts making me even more exhausted, I felt my eyes grow heavy as I let my mind take over. Images filled my mind, Edward, Bella, Grace, Victoria, Jake... Is this what it is like to be alone? The battle between unconsciousness and consciousness ended, unconsciousness soon washed over me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't deal, my poor Abby.

Vote, Comment

I love you all xxxx

~Eliza~