Chapter 1

Dear, Rolland Marks
I had everything. I had the perfect life; the kind of life that every eighteen years old yearns for. I had the perfect boyfriend and a perfect group of friends to go with him. I was the most popular girl at school and I had perfect grades. And if that wasn’t enough, after school I had the most perfect family to come home to. The kindest and loving people you would ever know. Life was really perfect, or so I thought it was.
I really did think I had everything but then everything changed and though in the beginning I thought it was the worst thing that could ever happen to me, now I have come to realise that it was for the best. The day my life became my own was truly the greatest day of my life because that was the day I finally began to live, that was the day that I was finally true to myself and stopped caring about what others thought of me. That was the day that I finally knew what true love felt like. That was the day that I finally rebelled against everything I was thought and realised everything they told us was a lie.
I realised we have the right to love who our heart decides we should love, that it does not matter what anyone else thinks of the person our heart chooses, that we shouldn’t be afraid to love with every ounce of our souls for the fear of what others will think. We have the right to love and I don’t care what anyone thinks about my hearts choice, in fact I could not be happier.
The journey to where I am is not so much a happy story, it is a story of finding myself, going against my faith, finding my true friends and ultimately discovering that I have to speak up about my experience to help those who encounter the same difficulties. That is why I am writing to you, because you help people that have gone through what I am going through and I want to help you in your fight against the cruelty of humanity but the only way I know how to is by telling my story in the truest, deepest possible way I can.
You must understand though before you read this that my identity must never come to light as if it does I fear I will never have the chance to start over and find the happiness I have lost. My story is not a happy one, it is not a story about everyone understanding me and loving me, it is a story about how I found true love but then I let the people you are fighting against tear it apart. If you would like to hear my story, then please email back.
Sincerely, The preacher’s girl