chapter twenty-one

So I went to go post this last night but the chapter was completely gone and I had to rewrite the whole thing. so idk how I feel about this but it gets the point across :)

also I decided last minute decided to add hey violet to this story but YOLO

The European tour seemed to end almost as quickly as it started. I was sad to leave the tour behind, but I most definitely didn't leave Europe behind. Calum and I went back to visit all of our favorite places with Michael, Luke, Arzaylea, Ashton, and Mason. The best part about traveling with them was the fact that they were all just as excited to be a tourist as I was. They wanted to see things around the cities just as much as I did because we never got a chance to while touring.

I never realized how tired I was until I finally got to sleep in my own bed. I slept in until two in the afternoon and never left my bed. It was the best feeling to have no responsibilities for a while. It was nice to be home and it was nice to have some time to myself. The only thing that I never looked forward to was time away from Calum. He went home to his parents while I went back to LA. I finally hung out with Lucy for a couple days and filled her in on everything she missed. It was nice to hear what she was up to, I hadn't been able to know for two years what she was doing.

I told her all about Calum and how much I liked him. I told her how serious we were now that we were spending each moment with each other on tour and I never got sick of him. It was nice to know she supported the fact that I was touring and being somebody that I wanted to be.

I still hadn't had a chance to tell Calum about my secret. I felt horrible for keeping it to him, but I put it at the top of my list to tell him as soon as I could. I was no longer terrified of what he would think of me, but now I was terrified that he would be angry that I kept it from him for so long. I tried not to stress about it too much as I reassured myself that I would tell him as soon as the tour started up again.

I was away from him for a whole week and a half, which seems incredibly short, but we spent a whole two and a half months together, so it was strange to not see him wake up next to me.

The North American's first two shows were in Connecticut and I was excited to get back on the stage again. This time we would be sharing the opening act time with a band that 5 Seconds of Summer had previously toured with, Hey Violet. I was excited to meet them and get to know each and every one of them. Calum and the boys had nothing but good things to say about them.

Calum especially talked about one of his extremely good friends, Nia. He told me all about how close they were and how much they bonded over the last tour. He constantly told me how great of a person she was and how great the two of us would get on. I was excited to see what he loved so much about her. She seemed cool from what Calum had said. I had listened to their music a bit before and I wasn't disappointed - with their new stuff. Their old stuff was a complete joke and I couldn't get through a full song. Their new music was something I couldn't stop listening to. The vibe that they created through their sound was so catchy, yet somewhat their own twist on pop. I couldn't wait to talk to them about their new EP and how they wrote their music.

I walked in to my hotel room and looked around. These hotel rooms were extremely big and I was excited to have some space to adjust back in to hotel life. I texted Calum to let him know I was here and waited to see how close he was to arriving. In the meantime I played my guitar and took in the alone time. An hour later, Calum finally texted me back.

Cal :) - 3:56
Sorry, just now seeing this! Come to room 638

I set my guitar down and moved to the room a few doors down. It was already open so I pushed on it and heard loud music playing. I saw Michael sitting on a chair with a blonde girl sitting on the chair. Luke and Arzaylea were on the floor and looked over to me as I walked in.