FOUR

✦-✦-✦

     THE next morning, Harry called her to wait for them in the Kingsman tailor to accompany Eggsy, fitting his suit. Of course Carolyn is the first one to arrive, considering she only needs to walk two blocks from her apartment. Luckily, today is a no hospital day for her, so she can do whatever she wants. And it has become a habit to always bring the crossbow with her, if she gets bored she was always tinkering with it and sometimes aiming to the people passing in front of her, it made her sometimes get a scolding from these people.

And when Carolyn is focused cleanse her arrow, she didn't realize that the store has been visited by guests. She didn't intend to find out who the guests are, not until one of them greeted her and she swore her heart seemed to stop beating for a few seconds as she abruptly raised her head up, only to find Valentine and his iron-legged assistant.

"Miss DeVere, nice to meet you again." He grinned, looking down at her crossbow briefly. "Though I must admit I was curious what are you doing here with the arrow?"

"Waiting for a friend." She replied calmly, even though her heart was completely pounding. "Do you have some business here too?"

"Tryin' to find suit for my special event." Valentine said then asked the tailor to find the best suit. "I'm going to the fitting room. Talk to you later, Miss DeVere. Come on, Gazelle."

"I'll catch up." The iron-legged woman replied before looking at her with her arms crossed over her chest. "You think you can fool us?"

Carolyn tilted her head and raised an eyebrow, "I wasn't fooling anyone."

"I know who you are. Next time if you want to lie, make sure your closest people know your plans, Carolyn."

She chuckled bitterly, "You only know my name, not my story."

"You know I can kill you anytime I want." Gazelle stomped her feet to the floor as a threatening gesture.

Carolyn lifted up the crossbow, aiming right at her face. "You're not the only one who had a lethal weapon."

Breaking the tense situation, the tailor cleared his throat, "I am truly sorry, ladies, but you can't kill each other here. I mean, don't do it in public."

Gazelle had almost stepped forward to challenge her, but she pondered the words of the tailor. Her time will only be wasted if she fights Carolyn. Moreover, she has a mission that is far more significant than having a quarrel with a young woman.

"I'll make sure if we met again somewhere outside this store, you're dead." Gazelle emphasized each word, turning away from her.

Still aiming her crossbow, she replied, "I'm waiting for that."

Right after Gazelle got in to the fitting room, she didn't realize that they have arrived at the tailor and saw Carolyn was still aiming the crossbow to the fitting room's door. Harry and Eggsy immediately approached her.