SIX

✦-✦-✦

     THE fact that Harry and her grandfather were dead still became the most painful thing for her, but after crying, she felt half of the burden in her chest lifted

     THE fact that Harry and her grandfather were dead still became the most painful thing for her, but after crying, she felt half of the burden in her chest lifted. Staring at her reflection in the mirror, Carolyn slowly wiped the tears lingering around her eyes. She promised to herself that this was the last time she cried in front of someone, even though they say it's okay to cry, she remains steadfast in her father's advice. You try to smile when things are tough. The words are spinning in her mind and in an instant her lips twitching into a smile. Life is tough, but she's sure she'll be fine. Taking a deep breath, she went out of the bathroom.

Eggsy instantly whipped his head to her direction and was about to speak something, but Merlin cut him off. "You're getting in on Arthur's invitation. You're gonna need to blend in." He spoke.

"I'm supposed to be Arthur?"

"His invitation is in his phone. You give them this," Merlin grabbed the phone on the desk and gave it to Eggsy. "Give his real name, Chester King."

The funny thing is, usually when Carolyn heard her grandfather's real name being mentioned, she will only snorted in disgust, but now, hearing anything related to him will only heighten the scars in her heart. Guess the adage is right; you never know what you have until you lose it, and once you lost it, you can never get it back. He was the only family she had, but she never appreciated him in any way. She blamed him for the separation of her parents, hated him and violated his orders. But Arthur responded her rude behavior by making sure that she gets everything she needs, and when she lost Carlisle, he asked her to stay with him simply because he didn't want her to feel abandon. Well, in the end we only regret the chances we didn't take.

"What about you?" Eggsy questioned, bringing her back to reality.

"I'm your pilot. I'm gonna stay here."

He glanced at her first before back to Merlin, "What about Carolyn?"

"Considering she was also included in the list of people to be eliminated by Valentine, she better stay here." Merlin explained.

"Safety first." Carolyn chirped, following with a shrug.

"Alright." Eggsy replied. "Is that gonna fit me?"

"A bespoke suit,"Merlin said as he handed him the bag. "Always fits. Just be grateful Harry hadit made for you. Get dressed."    

✦-✦-✦