13.

Perrie

I was beyond surprised when I heard Jade's voice over the phone. I really thought I was day dreaming but I'm not. She called me! She called me!

And that's not all, she asked me to pick her son up. Am I the luckiest person right now?

I parked my car outside of the address that Jade texted me. It was just a five minute drive from my office. Its a good thing that I decided to buy a car too last week. You know, its much safer for longer trips.

I got out and waited for the bell to ring so that I could get inside and fetch Jaden. I hope Jade told the teacher that I would be the one picking Jaden up.

The bell had rung and little kids started to go out of one classroom. Then, I saw a boy with curly blonde locks and a bright smile on his face. I know it was him. That's Jaden. 

I walked my way towards him and patted his head. He looked up and gave me his famous grin. 

"Hey Jaden." I said and ruffled his curly locks. "How was school?" 

"Its good. Miss Wovato gave me a star. Here, wook!" He said and showed off his left arm with a star stamp on it. I smiled and congratulated him. "Do I get a prize? Where's Mommy? I wanna show her my star too!"

I picked up his bag and put it on my back as I carried him up. "Mommy can't pick you up today because she's far away, kid. But she'll be back later." I explained and he nodded, wrapping his little arms on my neck. "So, you ready to go home?"

He shook his head. "I don't want to go home yet." I asked him why. "Mommy used to take me to the bakery and buy me pasteries if I'm good at cwass. And I was! Can you take me there? Pwease?" He pleaded with his matching pouty lips.

I chuckled and nodded. "But we have to be quick. We didn't tell your Mom about this so we'll be doomed if she'll know, m'kay.?" He gave me a nod and I drove us to the bakery. 

-

Jade 

After that "kind of" awkward phone call with Perrie, I said my goodbye's to Camila and Lauren. I immediately drove my way back to our house. I can't wait to see my little angel again.

Once I drove past Jaden's school, I saw a kid alone on one of the benches. I've seen him before, I just can't recall where and when. I decided to stop the car to stare at the kid. He seemed alone, where could his parents be?

I contemplated with myself on whether I should go out and talk to the kid or leave him be. I mean, what if something bad might happen to him if I leave him alone? I would live with the guilt forever and I don't want that to happen. And I know that if my son was in his place, some person would do the same thing that I would do now. So, I've made my decision and walked towards the boy.

"Excuse me?" I asked him to get his attention. He looked up and I saw a sad smile on his lips. When my eyes darted towards his eyes, I knew I saw those shade of brown eyes anywhere. "Are you okay?" I asked again.

He shook his head and I asked why. "My Dad didn't pick me up today. I'm the only one inside and I was afraid to be alone inside the classroom. Its dark in there." 

"But its a lot more dangerous out here than there, you know." I told him and sat next to him. "Strangers could just go and talk to you then break your trust and they would hurt you. But no worries, I won't do that to you." 

"I know that," He said. "You look like a good person Miss..."

"Would you want me to take you home?" I asked and he shook his head. "Why not?"