29.

"Mommy?" Jaden called for me as he was seated restless on the passenger seat.

I was the one who picked him up from school today since Perrie texted me that she won't be able to pick our son up since she was still busy with her work. Of course, I understand that so I decided to be the one to pick him up. After all, I miss bonding with my son after his long day from school.

I hummed in response. "Where's Per-per?" He asked. "She towd me she wiww pick me up every day from now on." And I saw him pout. He really is just like me.

"Per-per had a lot of stuff to do back at her place pet but she told me to tell you that she'ww be back soon. And she promised to bring you some doughnuts when she gets back."

His pout turned into a smile when I said that and I was glad. I don't want him to feel sad just because Perrie's not here.

When we got back into our flat, Jaden ran inside the house quickly, leaving me with his backpack.

I carried it inside and saw him on the couch, talking to Camila who was frowning. Lauren was on the phone and she seemed to be having a little trouble since her eyebrows were knitted together. What is happening?

Leigh came out from the guest room and she had the same expression as mine.

"What's happening?" My afro-haired friend asked.

I shrugged. "I have no idea," I said and sat next to Camila. "Mila, is everything alright?" She just gave me a small nod and therefore I concluded that everything is not alright. I bet that it has something to do with the phone call that Lauren was having right now. Who could she be talking to?

When we saw Lauren ended the phone call and ran a hand through her hair, I asked her immediately.

"Who was it?"

She averted her gaze towards us. "It was my boss. He said that he needs me back at the shop to check on something. I have to go there," She said and I saw Camila frown.

"You can't leave, Jaden's birthday is in two days and you can't miss it. The poor boy would be sad if you won't be here." Camila said and I just knew why he used my son's birthday to stop her fiance from going. She doesn't want her to go.

"I won't miss it Camz, so I have to go now. I promise you that I'll be back." Lauren said and pulled Camila up from her seat so she could wrap her arms around her. She cupped my best friend's face and stared at her eyes. "You stay here and help Jade and the rest prepare for Jaden's birthday okay? I will do my best to get back here as soon as possible. Don't be sad, Camz."

"But I don't want you to go." She whispered but all of us was still able to catch it.

"But I have to. Camz, listen to me." She held both of her hands. "I will be back safely before you know it. You have to trust me, I won't do anything back there besides helping my boss and the other staff. They need me there."

Camila sighed and looked down. I noticed the tears that were starting to form in her eyes. Why doesn't she want Lauren to leave so bad?

"Hey, don't cry." Lauren cooed at her. "I'll text you every single day that I'm away. Every hour, every minute, I'll let you know what I'm doing if that'll make you make me leave."

"Okay, I'll let you go." My best friend said. "But promise me that you'll be back before Jaden blows her birthday cake, okay?"

Lauren held out her right hand. "I promise baby." Camila nodded and told Lauren that she'll help her pack her stuff. We let them be since we think they needed some more time alone.

I, Leigh and Jaden were all huddled up on the couch, watching Inside Out when the door swung open. Perrie entered the living room and before I knew it, Jaden was in her arms as she lifts him up.