43.

Perrie

After the scene that Grandpa made, everything was a blur.

Did he just told me that I can't marry Jade? And that I'm bound to marry someone else and not her?

He's not the one who'll make those kind of decisions for me! This is my life!

I can't remember what really happened after Granpa told me that. All I know was mine and Jade's parents started to take the people out of the place so it won't cause much more trouble. Grandpa already did so what's the point of letting them out?

What he did was embrassing, especially to the Thirlwall's. I mean, c'mon, I just confessed my undying love for Jade and then my Grandfather barged in and told everyone that I can't marry her, that I can't be with Jade. Who would they believe, though?

When everyone was out, the only ones left was me and Jade, our parents and siblings and Grandpa. Camila, Tristan and Leigh ran towards Jade when they saw her slump down the floor. I couldn't move, I couldn't help her. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Jesy, Brad and Lauren are here with us too and they held me, trying their best to not let me strangle my Grandfather right here, right now.

How could he do this?

"You're lying, right?" My voice was a little hoarse because I'm trying my best not to choke on a sob and not let my tears fall. "Grandpa...what you said, it's not true, right?"

Grandpa still held his evil look at me and I wanted to strangle him down the floor even more when he did that.

"Why would I say such bullshit, Perrie? Tell me, why would I say that if it wasn't true?"

This was the very first time I heard him curse. Shockingly, it's even infront of everyone inside this room.

"I don't know but take it back." I said and my fist started to clench when I heard him let out a deep chuckle. "You don't own my life! You don't get to decide who will I marry! This is my life, for goodness sake! I will marry who I want to marry and that's Jade!"

"You will not marry her! I won't let you!"

"Why?! Why can't you let me? What's more so important to you than my own happiness?" I couldn't hold back the tear, it just started streaming down my face but my eyes are still shooting daggers at my Grandfather. It's disrespectful, yeah, I know, but not in this situation. "Tell me Grandpa! Why can't I be with her?! Why are you so against us being together?!"

"Because you're already bound to marry somebody else! I already told the family of the person that you'll marry that our decision is final. I can't take that back. Perrie, you know, I'm a man of my words!"

"Yeah...to them." My hands are shaking because of too much emotions going on inside me right now. "You were never honest with me. You were never true to your words. You told me that after I get back here from Korea, you'll let me go. That you'll let me live my life. But look what you've done now."

He couldn't look at me, he chose not to my gaze because she never seen me like this. I know he was afraid that if he did look at me, his mind would change and he would take back what he said.

"You arranged a marriage for me and this person whom I don't know obviously, without letting me know. And now, you're telling me that they just finalized everything and agreed to this marriage. You're unbelievable." I let out a chuckle, a deep one. Much like what he did a few minutes ago. "Grandpa, you know I'm dating someone. You know that I'm dating Jade and you made this kind of decision behind my back. Haven't it even occured in your selfish mind that I should have a say in this? The consequences of this arranged marriage you made? Like, I don't know, hurting our feelings?!"