Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Louis P.O.V

After the storm had ended mid day wednesday, Harry told me he had some work to do at his house then work.

Grudgingly I obliged and he left giving me a quick kiss. Every touch from him was like fire to my skin.

Outside it was dripping wet and the roads were a mess. The backyard looked like a tornado hit it and the garden could barely be seen.

Betty called and said I should come in around 4 because roads were blocked and damaged and the power was out at the shelter.

When I was finally woke up I headed upstairs and grabbed some shorts, old sneakers, and a black t.

In the backyard, there was pieces of trash and branches and leaves all over.

I grabbed a trash bag and began picking up the trash. Somewhere along the lines I started humming a nice tune.

When the branches were snapped in half and put in a corner along with the big pile of leaves I walked towards the front to get a good look.

The front garden was torn apart and there was dirt everywhere.

Inside the house I grabbed some more trash bags and a broom.

Shutting the door, it felt different. Like there was something wrong. It was foggy out and you could hear the low hum of cars around the corner and some bystanders walking the dog or biking or walking.

Across the street the old lady -who's name I found out was Ms. Engle- was fixing her wind chimes that we're to far up for her to reach.

Dropping the bag and dead flowers and the broom I crossed the street.

"Do you need one help Ms. Engle?" I asked her, still on the sidewalk. It would be rude to stand our her white porch with black muddy feet.

She jumped a little and turned around. "Oh Louis Hun don't scare me like that! Your gonna give an old woman like me a heart attack." Her shaky hands lay on her chest, trying to calm her heart beat.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare. I saw you were having some troubles trying to fix your Chimes. May I?" I pointed to the chimes that we're tangled up in her hanging flower pot.

"Oh yes please deary." She stepped aside so I could reach them.

I wasn't much taller then her but a good few inches taller.

On my tippy toes, I blindly untangled the string in the flower pot then untangled them from each other.

The melodic sound was back. I stepped back to watch then twirl in and out.

"Oh just thank you! Would you like to come in? I have tea and bisscuts on the stove?" She offered me, her small but round frame already half way through the door.

"Oh no thank you ma'am. I need to finished the work out from before work. " I was already down the steps.

"Another time perhaps deary?" Now her screen was blocking her face.

"Of course. Rain check for now." I smiled at her one last time before crossing the street and picking up the broom.

While sweeping the side walk and path way up to the door, I couldn't help but wonder what she does.

I didn't want to be nosy but she didn't have a husband and she didn't have any pets. So what did she do? She rarely went out.

When the side walk and pathway was almost clean, taking all the trash bags I set them in the trash can and looked around.