Eighteen ; Concern

She had been laying on Luciel's couch for who knows how long, staring at the kitten poster that hung right next to his flat-screen. Why was she still there? Frankly, she found the sofa to be very comfortable, so much that she had actually fallen asleep. In her sleep she had a dream of sorts but Hyun-a knew better than that. No dream could make her heart ache as much as that one had.

A gentle aroma curled around her body, enveloping her senses like a warm embrace. Her eyes hooded as she sat up slowly, grunting lightly as she moved out of her comfy spot. "I made tea, since you seem like the kind of assassin who enjoys afternoon tea beside her most recent victim." Luciel joked. Hyun-a gave him a sidelong look before taking the warm cup that said "World's best procrastinator" in her hands and taking a deep inhale, savoring the chamomile mixed with lavender scent it produced.

A small, barely noticeable smile tugged at the corners of her lips. A familiar memory, the only one she had from her past , filled the darkness behind her eyelids with a familiar image.

A field of lavenders waved contentedly in the wind beyond the glass and an old fashioned camera sitting on the windowsill, bathed in both soft shadow and warm sunlight. It was such a familiar sight that she didn't even think twice about where it had come from. Emotions never accompanied this memory nor any sensations. It was just an image in her mind she didn't bother to tuck away.

But there was something different, either the tea or the thought had triggered a reaction from the blue haired girl. Her grip had tightened so much that the glass that Luciel had provided cracked, and soon, it shattered.

"Whoa! Are you okay Hyun-a? " The red haired male frantically questioned as he dove to grab her shaking hands instinctively. He didn't know what he was doing exactly, and in reality, no one would think twice about it—but he held her bleeding palms gently in his hands as his brightly colored eyes searched her contorted expression.

"Hyun-a...? You're hands are bleeding. I'll go get bandages and I'll clean up the mess. You must be in a bit of pain." He informed, quickly standing and moving away towards the kitchen where he stored the first aid kit. She didn't respond, simply stared at the puddle of earthy greenish tea splattered at her feet.

What was happening to her? Ever since she had discovered who she was, be it not even a few days ago, she had been having these flashes of intense emotions followed by a fuzzy memory of sorts. Had seeing her real name triggered something in her mind? Whenever she hears it or sees something that is buried in a faraway memory, would she keep falling into these emotions?

The thought slightly overwhelmed the seasoned assassin. In her line of work emotions got you killed. If you spare a target it's only going to make you the target in the end. Truth is, no one can forgive someone who attempted to take their life. That's why it is imperative to lock away any emotion lingering behind. Things such as grief, anger, pity, happiness, and love --they were things Hyun-a was never allowed to know.

Luciel bit his lip as he padded back into the room, becoming aware of the useless fact that he had no shoes on. He rushed over to her, becoming worried when he saw the metaphorical shadow over her eyes. "I'm going to disinfect the cuts so It might sting. A lot." He cautioned, opening the first aid and at the same time gently grabbing one of her bleeding palms.

Hyun-a didn't tense up as she usually would when someone touched her, simply because she was too lost in thought to notice the warmth that spread through her body when Luciel touched her so delicately. Like she was made of glass.

She hated being treated like she was going to shatter at the slightest misstep. She ignored the foreign sensations that Luciel triggered as he wiped away the blood and carefully picked out the glass from her palms and proceeded to wrap both of them in tight medical tape.