Date

After watching the music video that Harry's ex made about him, I was in hysterics. He laughed along with me, occasionally trying to snatch the phone from me to prevent further embarassment.

"How exactly were you trouble when you walked in?" I asked, trying unsuccessfully to suppress my laughter.

He laughed, "I found out she wasn't my type and she didn't take the news well."

"What is your type?"

"Well, the girl must be stunningly beautiful. She can't get her feelings hurt easily. She has to be caring. And I also appreciate a girl with a sense of humor."

"You think that a girl exists with all those traits?"

"I don't think; I know."

"Who?" My pet peeve of wanting to know everything compels me to ask.

"You." He smiles and heat rises to his cheeks.

I turn away slightly, so he doesn't see my face growing red.

"You look like a tomato." He teases.

Dammit.

"No I don't. Shut up." I practically squeak.

When we enter the kitchen, Jer's sitting there eating cereal.

I know my mom's probably detoxing in her room, so I push the thought of her to the back of my mind.

"Ashleyyyy, can I go to the park with the neighbor after eating breakfast?"

"Sure, be back before dark or I'll come find you and kick your ass."

He smiles, not taking my threat seriously. "Okay!" And with that, he chokes down the rest of his cereal and dashes out of the house.

"What would you like to do today, miss Thompson?" Harry smiles.

"Why do we have to do anything? I don't want to go outside."

"As much as I love sitting with you in your house and doing nothing all day, and I love it, I do, more than life" he smiles with a cheeky grin, "I thought we could switch it up."

I sigh, "What did you have in mind?"

His smile beams, nearly blinding me. "Let's go ice skating."

"What? No way."

"Why not? It'll be fun."

"Why not?" I repeat. "Hmm, let's see. Because of the significant detail that I'm clumsy as fuck and I can hardly walk without falling, so skating will literally be the death of me."

He laughs at the concern laced in my voice.

"I promise I won't let the ice hurt you." He says sarcastically.

I glare at him and fold my arms, "No, I'm good. You go." I turn to walk away.

He grabs my elbow and pulls me back towards him. "I will not let you fall." He says with the deepest sincerity in his voice, almost as if there's a double meaning behind his words.

I huff and give in. He's right, it'll be good to get out of the house. I hope.

Our drive started out with Harry singing to The Great Gatsby soundtrack. He's actually good at singing. I remember him saying something about him having this talent. I really want to listen to him sing. Just one on one, him being my only focus and there being no other distractions.

I zone out and stare out the window while Harry soothing voice compels my eyes to flutter close. My body resists the temptation to sleep because I can't get comfortable in the seat of a car.

I stare at Harry, without noticing I was doing so until he gasps and his whole body stiffens. Police sirens wail in front of us, pulling a toyota with a bad paint job to the side of the road. Harry looks stressed out, like really stressed out.

"Do you know that guy?" I ask.

He visibly relaxes and smiles.

"No, I freaked out for a second because I was going a little bit over the speed limit." He rushes to defend himself.

Warning bells go off in my mind, but I ignore them. Instead, I choose to smile at his humorous paranoia.

ALRIGHT SO I GOT MY PLOT PLANNED OUT BUT ID STILL LOVE UR GUYS' OPINIONS COMMET OR MESSAGE ME OH AND VOTE AND MAYBE SHARE THIS FANFIC BC UR FAB AND OMG JUSTIN RETIRED LIKE WHAT I WANT TO KNOW WHAT UPU GUYS THINK ABOUT ALL THIS AJVDJDBS OKAY ILY BYE