No One Left

I woke up in a bed and not the snow I had collapsed in yesterday. I had gotten lost on my way back to Sans and Papyrus' house and I passed out from the cold. I was trapped in my own thoughts when I was walking around... The fact that Papyrus didn't answer my question and avoided it by saying he was going to Undyne's house.

I sat up in the bed and recognized it was Papyrus'. I blushed and quickly hopped off of it. I was still wearing my armor and my damp sweatshirt I wore during the first day of training.

I made my way downstairs and saw Sans watching TV.

"Heh, I see you're awake now. Warm yet? When Boss asked me where you were when he came back from a visit to Undyne, I answered that you hadn't come home. He insisted looking for you himself. He came back with you over his shoulder and he said you collapsed somewhere in the middle of the forest somehow," Sans explained.

I nodded. "Where is he now?"

"He went to the training clearing earlier this morning. He's setting up today's training session." He replied.

As he finished talking, Papyrus walked into the house and looked at me. He nodded a greeting and went into the kitchen. I followed him.

~~~(Time Skip)~~~

"Y/N WE HAVE PRACTICED THIS MANY TIMES! YOU SHOULD KNOW IT BY NOW!" Papyrus yelled as I held the sword in front of him. I was breathing hard and covered with fresh cuts and bruises.

"B-Boss... I have been doing the same combo for hours..." I began.

"PRACTICE, Y/N," He said firmly.

I sighed and tried again. I moved closer to him waited for him to attack. When he did, I leapt backwards to the left, then right in diagonal movements each time he attacked. After a few paces I darted to the left and jutted out towards him quickly. When he dodged it, as expected, I quickly followed through and swung the sword in a manner of slicing an opponent to shreds.

"NOW YOU'RE GETTING IT!" Papyrus said, taking the sword from my hands. "THAT WASN'T SO HARD, WAS IT?"

I breathed heavily. "Yeah... Great.... Fantastic..."

Papyrus nodded and led the way out of the clearing and back home, holding my hand to make sure I didn't get lost. Blush formed on both of our faces as we walked side by side, hands intertwined.

~~~(Time Skip)~~~

A week or two had passed of training and Papyrus and I were doing quite well. I admitted to Sans that I felt we were bonding over the training lessons and he agreed. He had come to watch us a few times and was impressed at my progress.

What was also very important to me was that Sans, and especially Papyrus, eventually accepted me as their family.

Today, I walked downstairs from Papyrus' room once more, wearing my armor and a new sweatshirt for the day's training and heard a loud knocking on the door. I opened it and a lady stood there. A human lady.

A part of me recognized her but I couldn't remember. Then it hit me when I heard her voice.

"M-Mother?!"

"Hello, Y/N! I'm so happy I found you! I'm here to take you home! You look horrible! Cuts and bruises! Who lives here? And what are you wearing?!" She asked urgently.

"My... My new family. Sans and Papyrus. Papyrus likes to be called Boss so don't give him any trouble. This is armor I use when I train with Boss." I explained.

"New family?! What about me?! What did I teach you about going near strangers, let alone wear their clothing and 'train' with them?" My mom asked.

"You hated me! You wished I never existed!" I yelled back.

Suddenly, a bright red and white object flown towards me. I instantly dodged it and tried to warn my mother but it was too late. The object, which I had recognized was a large bone, under Papyrus' magic and it was lodged in my mother's body.

"NO. VISITORS." Papyrus' voice boomed clearly throughout Snowdin.

Her body had gone limp and fell to the snow-covered ground.

"M-MOTHER!! N-no... The last of my original family..." I whispered, letting a single tear fall from my face as I turned to face Papyrus. "Sorry Boss. My mother had found me and came to take me home. I still would have stayed here."

Of course I felt sad but why did she look for me?

Papyrus said nothing until he looked at the body. "I REMEMBER HER."

"What?" I asked, shocked.

"SHE WAS WITH HIM. YOUR FATHER," Papyrus said. "IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW."

"What makes sense?"

Papyrus turned to face me. "BACK DURING THE WAR, I FOUND MYSELF FIGHTING AGAINST YOUR FATHER. YOUR MOTHER WAS BEHIND HIM, HOLDING YOU AND PROTECTING YOU. HOWEVER, I SAW FIRE AND DETERMINATION IN YOUR EYES. NO WONDER YOU WANTED TO BE MY APPRENTICE. YOU LIKED FIGHTING FROM THE START."

I was about to speak but then, he spoke words that I thought I'd never have to hear.

"Y/N... I REMEMBER IT TOO CLEARLY...Y/N, YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER ARE DEAD BECAUSE OF ME."