Chapter Thirteen

~Riley's POV ~

I feel guilty. I've been at the park for three hours now. No one's contacted me which I'm grateful for but at the same time I wish Joseph would call me. You may be wondering why does he have to contact me first, well that's simple he kissed me so he should call me. I tried to talk to him after pushing him away but apparently he didn't want to respond to and I quote,

"What the hell Joseph?"

I don't know why I mean I was angry as he just walked away. He shouldn't of just kissed me. We are strictly business partners, it has always been this way. Okay maybe Emily is right he is probably embarrassed. I'm being to hard on him aren't I. This is why I feel guilty. I smiled as I watched the seen in front of me,a little girl who looked to be maybe 4 or 5 was chasing a butterfly while giggling and her mother called after her.

My view of the seen was interrupted by a tall figure standing in front of me. I put my hand up to my forehead to use it as a shelter from the sun as I looked up.

"What are you doing here?" I asked making it obvious I was already annoyed.

"I'm just taking a stroll through the park." Jesse said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yea sure you are." I scoffed. "Are you here to throw me against a wall again or maybe this time a tree?" I asked sarcastically and he just smirked and sat next to me on the bench.

"No. Im honestly just enjoying this nice day by strolling through the park." Jesse said and I laughed a sarcastic laugh.

"Are there going to be men surrounding me with guns while you are on your fine stroll." I asked making quotes with my fingers as I said stroll. I didn't bother to whisper that since we were sitting on a bench that was more towards the small forest in a park. I liked this spot since it had a nice tree above us keeping it nice and cool hiding me from the hot blazing sun that was peaking through the branches of the tree.

"Nah not today." He said smirking and I rolled my eyes. We both went into a surprisingly comfortable silence as we sat on the bench.

"You know I was enjoying sitting on this lovely bench and at this point you ruin it. Now, can you leave?" I asked and he chuckled at my bluntness.

I really didn't mind his company, but part of me felt awkward sitting next to the guy I was meant to arrest in the near future.

"You know Scotts your rather blunt about things today. I think I like you better now than the stuck up Riley and the attention seeking April." Jesse said shrugging and my eyebrows furrowed as I frowned.

"I'm not stuck up and 'April' wasn't trying to seek attention. She was trying to simply figure out about your illegal gang which she succeed at." I said crossing my arms as I leaned back closing my eyes enjoying the wind that's slowly blowing through.

"You talk about April as if she was a different person." Jesse said.

"That's because April Waters is all made up. Its a roll I play, which usually people like you are not aloud to find out about."I said not bothering to open my eyes as I continued to relax.

"If I wasn't suppose to find out than why let Calum tell me? Whats your plan?" Jesse asked and I peaked one eye open.

"If you honestly think I'm that much of an idiot to tell you our plan then please do me a favor and go find your little group and shoo." I said now closing my eyes again. It was silent for a few minutes so I thought he left but I was proven wrong when I opened my eyes to see him still sitting there. I sighed and sat up and turned my body to face him.

"Okay Mr.Farone. What do you possibly want? You know I'm not telling you my plan and I don't see anyone with guns which means I'm not getting killed so please enlighten me with what the hell is going on and why are you sitting next to me? Do you want a heart to heart or something?" I demanded.

"Nothing." He simply said shrugging and I groaned.

"Bullshit I know you didn't just come here to walk through the park and look at some damn roses and daises."

"Nothing." He repeated and I scoffed.

"For some reason I don't believe you. " I said and he raised and eyebrow.

"Why?" Jesse asked me and I stared at him for a moment seeing if he was joking, when I found no signs of humor I sighed.

"It could be the fact that your a leader to a gang that makes AND sells drugs illegally or it could be the fact that there is a guy walking up behind me with a gun." I said and his eyes widened.

"How did you-" he started to say and I cut him off holding up my hand.

"Because Farone, I am head agent along side of Joseph. We're both very smart and I can tell when some stupid arse is walking up behind me with a gun pointed straight at my head." I said with all seriousness.

"Now I would arrest you and you stupid friend if it wasn't for the fact that I forgot my handcuffs at home." I said standing up and wiping off my pants. I walked to the guy who was now shaking while holding the gun making the gun not have a straight point at me. I didn't bother to take out any of the few weapons I had on me and continued to walk towards the guy. When he realized I was walking towards him he started to move backwards.

"Stay back! I've got a gun." The guy yelled.

"And I have 2." I said rolling my eyes. He looked around nervously through the corners of his eyes and I knew he was going to run. I stepped my right foot forward and he immediately ran. I didn't go after him because I honestly had no need to. I crossed my arms and looked at Jessie who was watching the seen on the bench.

"Jesse, You don't know who your dealing with. We are all high ranked agents from the EA. If you keep playing games you will find yourself dead. None of your gang members can handle us. " I said looking him straight into the eyes. Jesse just leaned his arm on the back of the bench and put his head on his hand.

"Is that a threat Scott's?" Jesse asked looking bored as he also look me in the eye.

"No, that's a promise."I said before walking off to my car.

---------

By the time I made it home it was already dark. I slowly opened the door to see Matt sitting there in his chair at his desk.

"Welcome home Riley." Matt said not even looking up.

"Hey Matt. Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Well Rachel and Emily I sent out to spy on the gang and Joey is in his bed." Matt said pressing a few button on the screen with his finger.

"What? How could you send those two out alone?!?" I asked amazed.

"Well you just have been gone for about 5 or maybe even 6 hours we couldn't wait on you and Joseph wasn't up to it for some reason which I'm guessing you may know why? But besides that its 9 o'clock, where have you been?" He asked finally glancing at me.

"The park. I also stopped at the store for a little bit too." I said shrugging.

"Well I'm glad you had some fun while everyone else was working." Matt said kind of bitterly, I frowned at him but he didn't notice since he was looking at his screen. Matt's never been so bitter to me.

"Did I do something?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yea, you and Joey decided to have tantrums and not go and do your job. I don't know what the hell happened between you two but you better fix it. Emily and Rachel may be good agents but they are Not experienced enough to be left alone for this mission. If you and Joey don't fix this fight you two are having by the end of tonight then your plane will be here tomorrow at 8 a.m. So you better fix it." Matt said seriously as he gave me one last look before continuing what he was doing.

"Why would we have to go home?" I asked confused.

"Riley, this mission needed all of you. Cole didn't pick you all randomly to go on this mission. If you haven't figured it out yet then I'm sorry but don't expect me to give you and Joey a baby treatment. Your eighteen turning 19 in a few weeks and Joey is already 19. Which means you two are adults not babies. So I'm counting on you to fix this." He said before putting on his head phones. He started talking in to it so I'm guessing this conversation is over.

I sighed and started to head up stairs with my bag in my hand. I went into my room and shrugged off my leather jacket and threw it on my bed. I kicked off my combat boots leaving me in just a black tank top and dark blue skinny jeans and a pair of black socks.I paced back an fourth for a few moments before walking across the hall with the bag I had.

I walked into Joey's room quietly to see him laying on his bed with his head resting against the headboard with white headphones in his ears.

"Joey." I said softly as I sat on the edge of his bed and he didn't look up from his phone he just pressed the top of his phone making the screen go black as he set it down, he slowly took out his headphones and looked up at me.

"Hey." He said quietly.

"Listen Joey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings but I just didn't expect you to kiss me let alone to have feelings for me. I always thought that you thought of me as your sister. I have never even thought about you in a romantic way so I just supposed you didn't either. You know I'm always focused on my work and being an agent comes first. Maybe sometime in the future this can work out but I don't know right now." I said honestly. "I'm confused." I admitted and he frowned and scooted over making room for me to come sit by him.

"It's okay Riles. I knew you aways thought of me as a brother and that's why it sucked and it hurt more because I knew you didn't feel the same. But its okay because I'll wait for you Scotts." Joey said with a small sad smile. I scooted up next to him and let my head rest on his shoulder.

"Joseph, who knew you could be so cliche." I said and he laughed lightly.

"What's in the bag?" He asked curiously and I smiled.

"That is a teddy bear and some moose-tracks ice cream for you." I said opening the bag." But you know Joseph your going to have to let me have a bite."

"Oh do I now?" He asked opening the container and I nodded my head up and down, he rolled his eyes but gave me the spoon and I took a small bite.

"Best ice cream in the world." I moaned and he shook his head.

"Best ice cream is Ben & Jerry's." Joey said as he took a bite.

"In your dreams." I said and he laughed.
That's basically how we spent the rest of the next laughing,eating IceCream and watching movies. I'm going to be honest, it felt nice. It felt Normal.

----------------------------------------
A/N:Ello Loves. Happy Day after Christmas! I hope you all have a wonderful day. I know I probably lost some readers due to that authors note but I was just being honest. So you can Love me Or Hate me. I would still love it if you all commented though! Anyways you all know the drill,

Comment,

Share,

Vote,

Fan,

~Kittykat<3