Superhero's villian

"Have you seen the new guy ? He has piercing sapphire eyes and red hot hair!" cried Lacy from behind me. I was trying to pay attention but she was making it hard. All she ever lived for was boys. I , on the other hand , was into fencing ( sword play) , archery , gun competition and football.At that point in time I was to tired to stop her raving. I had to deal with the Psycho Sisters and Hypno Eyes that night and got no sleep. I had lost my necklace in my room , there go , my powers as well. Fighting without my powers is like a huge NO according to HQ head Andrew. He had made the round , blue marble to hold my powers until necessary to use them. Suddenly I ran into some one.

"Your ear. That parts bleeding," said a boy that looked like the new one Lacy described. Her gasp informed me I was correct. The blood was from where Andrew had put in a new communication device.

"I know," I replied calmly. He did look amazing. And a little handsome too. He was about 5' 10" with some muscle. I was almost as big as him. He seamed to search my eyes for some sign of odd attachment to him like he must have gotten from all the other girls.

"Your brave and selfless. I can see that in you. What's your name?" he finally asked with a small smile.

"Matilda , but my friends call me Mat ," I replied with my usual wild grin.

"May I be your friend?"

"I'd be delighted Mr... uh ... I don't think I caught a name?"

"Maxwell. Reuben Maxwell."

" Well ... Reuben. You goin' to Geometry?"

"Sure am." I grabbed his hand an ran through the crowd before anyone could realize what happened. While we ran lots of fan girls began to fallow us. I had no choice but to duck into the janitors closet. I made sure to press the button on my wrist watch so that it would go from my suit and battle gear to a regular janitors closet. I used it so much in school to change into my suit before I left to fight a villain.

"You okay," I asked him when the footsteps has passed us.

"Yes. Thanks for the help... friend,"I could almost here the smirk in his voice.

"What's so funny?"

"You... me... in the janitors closet at school."

I groaned ," Come on sophomore scum."

"Right behind you fellow scum." we about died laughing.

As we went into the hall we heard the girls laughs and squeals fad into the distance. We walked the rest of the way to class together talking and laughing the whole way. I found I had a lot in common with him. Even an awful childhood.

At a young age I had been kidnapped by strange creatures from the fifteenth universe along with many other kids. The began to run test and inject chemicals that altered my molecular structure. One day they had brought out every chemical that was known to that universe. At the time I had on my blue marble necklace with the silver griffin claw grasping it. Half way through an operation a solar storm began to brew. Suddenly solar lightning struck the radio tower on top of the building. As the room shook each shelf if chemicals fell and broke over me. The chemicals began to rush through my blood stream and my form began to alter. I knew that I couldn't hold all the chemicals in me so I transferred 75% to the closest thing on me. My necklace.

"Mat," called, my now sidekick , Mark from the door with a few other kids who had been in line for the operation. I began to race with them to the escape pod as the building burned. "Mat," said another voice as it came from Mark's mouth. "Mat!"

I snapped out of it to find Reuben shaking me. His eyes where huge with concern and fear. He pulled me into a hug while I realized I was shaking. I must have finished meditating on the past.

"You started to shake like a thawing chicken," frowned Reuben. I laughed at his expression.

"It's just my memories hurt," I gave a small grin.

"Well, Mat , we'll just have to make some new good ones. Meet me outside by the bike rack after school. Okay?" he asked with a wild grin.

"I'll be there. Reu," I smiled walking into classes with him.