July 16, 2018

It was around midnight when Jimmie finally left, but he helped Jackson lay down before he bolted. Chase and Zoey fell asleep in my bed, while I took the floor by the couch. I had an alarm that sounded every two hours, so I didn't get that great of sleep since I had to make sure that he was alright all night long. It was so nice to have the Reagan's help during everything.

Around nine, I finally made Jackson get up to get dressed in some of his clothes that Zoey got around three in the morning. Jackson put on some dark blue jeans and a nice purple polo. I thought that he looked dashing in his attire, but he didn't seem too pleased.

After I got dressed, it was already nine thirty so we decided to head out. The Reagans were still sleeping, so it wouldn't bother them.

Sitting in the doctor's office, the news was on like always, but of course the news was showing Jackson getting hit with the pitch. I couldn't react to try to shield it away from him since it was already too late. I looked at his face, which was shielded by his game hat and sunglasses. He was mortified finally seeing what had happened to him. "That... that... that couldn't... was it?" That was all he could really stammer out.

"It was." Jackson was shaking his head in complete and utterly disbelief. "Hey, hey, hey. It's alright. You are okay, Jackson. You are sitting right there next to me. Yeah, you may have a concussion, but other than that you are fine. This is just a precaution, making sure that nothing is wrong with that beautiful, large head of yours. And trust me, if something is wrong, they will do everything to make sure that you're alright once more. Jackson, why don't you stop watching the program and get a little shut eye before we are called back since we're a little early."

Jackson did what I said and closed his eyes, but I didn't stop watching the news. "The Cubs have released minimum information according to the Jackson Myls situation. The Chicago skipper, Surmur, released this during his press conference yesterday..."

The screen switched to the preconference. Surmur appeared onto the screen. "In according to Myls, at this moment all we know is that he has a bad concussion. We don't know when he'll be back, and I'll won't say how long it'll be. We do have test scheduled for him tomorrow to make sure that everything is alright. We will release more information when it comes out to us." There were couple seconds of him getting asked question, and then Surmur started once more, "Everyone one in the dugout was concerned for his safety; I was among them as well. It took couple of moments, but when he started to move to get up I knew that he would be alright, considering what had happened to him."

The screen went back to the news. "Yeah, I watched this live and it looked so bad. I would be lying if I said that I didn't think he was died. The T.V. actually showed his fiancée, Stephane Arnald. It seemed like she thought the same exact thing as the rest of us. I hope that Jackson Myls is getting better and be back at it. We'll be back after this short break."

I stopped watching after that, can't believe that my name was mentioned. I laid my head on Jackson's, who's head was on my shoulder. I didn't fall asleep, but I was sitting there reading my book waiting for Jackson to get called back.

When the nurse came out, she instinctively came over by the two of us. "Is he Jackson Myls?"

"Yeah," I said to before I turned to Jackson, waking him up very calmly not wanting him to jolt awake.

The nurse smiled then said to Jackson, "We are ready for you." Jackson quickly kissed me cheek and took his cap off and set it onto my head before he headed back with her to get his scans.

I grabbed my phone out and called Robert. The phone rang for a long time before it was answered with a laughing hello.

"Hey Robert, it's Stephane." I knew that he already knew that it was me, but I still felt like I had to do it so he knew it was me for sure.