Opening up

The next few weeks flew by quickly. It had only been two weeks since Matt knew me and he had still opened up. Our bond seemed to grow even stronger in the weeks prior to the confession.

I had not been able to tell Matt about Nathan that day. I had known that that was not the time. Opening up about everything at once could never lead to a peaceful ending. So, I had decided to keep silent.

But I did eventually open up to him. It happened two weeks after his confession.

We were at Matt's flat and it was a movie night.

'Matt?' I said.

'Yeah?' Matt looked at me.

'I, uh, need to tell you something,' I said.

'Are you pregnant?' he said with a pretend-worried look on his face.

I laughed. 'No, silly. It has something to do with my brother.'

'You have a brother? Wow, I didn't even know that!' Matt exclaimed.

'Well, yeah. An older one. His name is Nate, short for Nathan,' I said uneasily.

I started explained all the details one by one. I looked at Matt warily as every secret came out of my mouth. Matt was extremely supportive and kept nodding at me to continue.

At the end, even though I was not in tears, I was close to it. But I managed to blurt out the part when my mom had called and told me Nate was fine again.

Matt smiled at me and suddenly hugged me. I was taken aback by the sudden gesture, but slowly hugged him back.

'We're not very different people you know, Libby?' Matt whispered in my ear as he hugged me.

'I know.'

'Well,' Matt said pulling back. 'I'm glad your brother is fine again. It'll take some time for him to catch up, but he'll make it through. I just hope he doesn't give me a lecture.'

Matt grinned as I gave him a friendly shove.

'Yeah, right,' I smiled.

Suddenly I felt a blow come at my stomach.

I squinted at Matt and saw that he had one of the sofa pillows in his hand.

'Well?' he said. 'Who wants to play?'

I laughed and gave him a blow on his head. Matt almost fell off but started tickling me for revenge.

I shrieked in laughter. He continued tickling me while I kicked and punched in the air, laughing uncontrollably.

I managed to move away and continued giving him blows from the pillow. Matt swerved right and gave me another blow.

This continued till Matt got bored of it and left me to catch my breath.

He switched on the T.V and put on "Mean Girls".

I stared at him and laughed. 'Oh my god, Matt! You're such a girl! Pillow fighting and then watching a girly movie? What's next? A sleepover?'

'I thought we already had one a few nights ago,' Matt wiggled his eyebrows.

'Matt!' I exclaimed.

'What? It's the truth!' Matt teased.

I laughed and shook my head.

'Come on, get ready. We're going out,' I said.

'Where?' Matt asked following me to the washroom.

'Sarah's,' I mumbled with the clutch between my teeth.

'Why? I thought it was movie night! Besides, it's eight in the evening!' Matt complained.

'It's alright, I don't think this'll take too long. We'll come back and watch a movie. Besides, when did Sarah start sleeping at eight?' I said looking at Matt through the glass door.

'All right,' Matt grumbled and went to get changed.

----------------------------------------------------------–-------------------------