Saturday Breakfast

The next morning felt pleasant in the beginning. I woke up to find myself in Matt's Led Zeppelin t-shirt. I was wearing absolutely nothing under, but that didn't bother me. What bothered me was that Matt wasn't beside me on the bed.

I looked around and saw that the room was not a mess. Everything was in its place. I guessed that Matt was a morning person and already downstairs, perhaps preparing breakfast.

That could work. That's what all cliché romantic movies have, right?
Wrong.

With my luck, I'd never get those moments.

I climbed down uncertainly. What I saw downstairs was something I could have never anticipated.

Matt, the funniest guy on Earth, was sitting on the sofa, half nude, sobbing. He was shaking uncontrollably.

I was naturally worried and inched closer to him.

I laid my hand on his back and said softly, 'Matt?'

Matt continued sobbing. This worried me.

'Matt,' I said shaking him this time. 'Lets get you some breakfast, okay? Did you have anything?'

'N-no,' he muttered between his sobs.

'Alright. Let's move, you need some food. Then we'll talk if you want to. Go on, get dressed,' I said taking charge.

I took Matt back up to his room and picked out a shirt and jeans for him. He quietly slipped them on.

'Let's go,' I said.

I was freaking out inside and had absolutely no idea how was I so calm and collected on the outside.

When we went outside, Matt seemed more composed. He let go of my hand and attempted to give me a forced smile.

'Where to?' he asked trying to pretend that nothing had happened.

'Well, it's your territory, you'll know which place is the best,' I said in a normal tone. At least, that was as normal as I could get at that time.

'Right, follow me,' he croaked.

I went along with him, unsure of how he was feeling.

Matt took us to a small tea shop. I guessed he didn't feel like having coffee right then. I looked up to see the name. The name was "Vintage Tea Shop. Since 1889."

The inside of the tea shop looked like a typical Victorian-era British shop. The walls were rustic brown with lamps poking out. Multiple small chandeliers hung on the ceiling. The floor of the store was polished wood. The tables and chairs looked straight out of Queen Elizabeth's dining room. They were all wooden with a porcelain vase with lilies in it. There were also candles, which I guessed would be lit during the night. The plates, spoons and forks carried the trademark "Vintage".
We took a seat beside the window. Though we were covered by wood carvings behind the chairs, we could still see outside. The view outside was nothing unusual. The same busy streets and busy people were displayed outside, occasionally with loud honkings of cars. This did not match the tea shop's atmosphere.

A bright-looking waitress arrived at the table with a writing pad and a pen in her hand. She had curly hair tied in a bun at the top of her head. She also had some makeup on. She was dressed in a long maroon gown with frills at the end of her sleeves, collar and dress. The dress had a hooped skirt. By looking at this, I realised that the entire store was Victorian themed.