Chapter 64: Getting Ready

Opening his eyes the next morning, seeing the snow steadily falling to an already white sheet on the ground he turns not seeing Shelby in the bed next to him. Grabbing the crutch he makes his way out of the room and into the kitchen, Raelyn eating a bowl of cereal and Shelby cleaning up.

"Good morning ladies."

"Morning daddy!"

"Morning," Shelby smiles. "Daddy and I will get you after this appointment and we'll go to the cabin okay?"

"Okay," she smiles taking her last bite of cereal.

"I put some of your winter stuff in my bag and packed your bag," she looks over at Braden putting Raelyn's bowl in the sink.

"Thank you. Did you pack everything?"

"I think so," she smiles.

"Good. Thank you."

"Okay mom I'm ready," Raelyn calls out grabbing her backpack.

"Alright let's go," she smiles kissing Braden quickly as Raelyn comes over and hugs him. The girls heading out a few minutes later.

***************

They walk into the hospital and Braden goes straight back to a room. Shelby walking around since Braden will be a bit, talking to a few people since she only has been working part time since his accident.

"How's he doing?" Tia walks over nudging Shelby, her friend and the same nurse that was in the ER when Braden was brought in.

"He's getting there. You know him. They give him a year, he'll do it in 6 months," she smiles. "He's trying to stay on the track the doctors told him though."

"He looks good. Looks like he's getting around good."

"Mhm..should be good without crutches after Christmas or New Years," she smiles.