An Enchanted Connection [6]

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! But updates will be more frequent. Hopefully.

'WE'RE GOING TO DIE!'

"Pascal?"

The green chameleon jumped off the wardrobe and towards the stunned girl who watched him in awe and shock. "Your alive?" She asked. He nodded and ran up her arm, making her giggle. "Stop it!" He reached her shoulder and sat there, staring up at her.

"What?" He didn't answer. He kept looking at her like he recongized her from somewhere. Then it dawned on her. "Oh, I'm not Rapunzel. I may look like her, but I'm not her." He understood, as he frowned and jumped off, scuttling up the remainder of the stairs and into Rapunzel's room.

"Hey!" She followed him, her feet making the old wooden stairs creak. "Pascal!" She moved the curtain to the side and stuck her head inside the dimly lit room.

She looked over the bed, makeup stand and wardrobe but couldn't see the chameleon. "Pascal? Where are you?" She whispered, stepping inside. She peered into the dark and looked around again. That's when she saw it. 

A small pair of eyes stared at her from the bed. She smirked and clicked on the lamp next to her. She walked around the room with her arms behind her back, looking around the room innocently making sure not to look at the chameleon.

When she thought it was time she striked, jumping onto the bed and grabbing the scaly lizard, who squeaked in alarm. "Ha ha got ya!" She cheered in victory and held out her palm to see a shaken up Pascal, who playfully glared up at her. The sheets which were unusually clean were tangled around her as she started talking to the lizard.

"You must have been very lonely." She said. She watched as Pascal shrugged, not knowing if he was alone for the past 13 years locked up in this tower. She giggled as he raised an eyebrow at her. "Why did Rapunzel leave you up here?" He shook his head and pointed at her. The 13 year old was very confused.

"I don't understand what your implying here?" Pascal rolled his eyes and jumped out of her hand and off the bed towards to the window in the far corner of the room. (Don't judge me! In my story Rapunzel had a window in her room) She rolled her eyes and followed. She let out a deep sigh and put one foot out towards the chameleon when she felt it.

Hair. She was standing on lengths of hair.

Long trails of brown hair leading to the window. She looked towards the window she climbed in and saw that Rapunzel's hair was still lying there. Then how did this hair get here?

She looked at her scaly friend with one eyebrow raised. "Where did this hair come from? Was it Rapunzel's spirit hair or something?" He shook his head and pointed at her. "What about me?" He shook his head again and pointed at the hair then back at her.

He wasn't pointing at HER. He was pointing at her HAIR.

"What? This is MY hair?"

*Sophia, Toothless and Baby Tooth's camp*