A Change, Ruka

A/n: This chapter is by my friend AngelOfMurderers, whom Ruka belongs to and thus, this chapter will be in Ruka's POV.

As we saw Jayden fall, I heard Ruka's voice.

"What happened!?"

Oh god... what do I tell her?
But she deserved to know, so...

I told her.

I tried my best to leave out the details, saying that Jayden was infected and that we had no choice...

But before I had finished, I saw realisation hit her.

Tears shone in Ruka's eyes...

💥🌌Ruka 🌌💥

I looked at Aqua, my vision slowly blurring due to the tears forming in my eyes.

"Come." I whispered. "I'll tell you what happened."

I led Aqua up to my room. I did not want to break down in front of that idiotic male chauvinist, Chris.

It was in my room that I started to tell Aqua what had happened before, my reasons for my emotions.

Choking on my tears, I began, " It...it all started before. When I joined."

Aqua looked at me with a slightly confused look in her eyes.

I slowly told her my sad back story as tears slowly trickled down my cheeks.

- flashback -

My ninth birthday

"Happy Birthday, Ruka!"

My brother gently shook me up on the morning of my birthday, August 2nd.

"Here- this is for you, Ruka!"

I opened my sleepy eyes to see what I had always clamoured for- a knife.

My cheer echoed through the house.

I had always wanted a knife as I had liked fighting and martial arts.

My brother, Lucifer, really understood me.

"So, how about you get ready, then we'll go and spar for a while, then come back to eat?"

Lucifer really did know me.
That was what I had wanted to do.
I quickly changed into suitable clothes, cleaned up and ran outside with my brother, knife in hand.

When the apocalypse had just started

"No! Mom! Dad! Sis!"

I watched in horror as our house burnt down, bringing with it my mother, father and sister.

Fireballs illuminated the hazy sky. A fireball had crashed into our house and exploded, burning our house down.

If not for Lucifer, I would have went the same way as the rest of our once-happy family.

He had managed to find an opening. As I ran towards it, a flaming beam suddenly fell right in front of that opening, that vista of escape.

Lucifer struggled to hold up the beam. His forehead was beaded with sweat.

I knew there might be no way we could get out of here.

The hulking figure of our dad suddenly appeared and lifted the beam.