The Battle, Elle

This chapter is written by Birui86 whom Elle belongs to.

Also, it may be a bit sadistic to some people so you have been warned!

Elle's POV

I was sitting on the floor, trying to make sense of what had happened in the past few weeks, when horrified screams rang out through the air.

Startled and confused, I jumped up, and started following the screams. What was happening?

I walked towards the place where the screams came from. What I saw was shocking.

A whole group of mutants were running towards Amber. Oh god, no.

I stuck my hand into my vest and pulled out a knife.

Just in case.

Finally, my time to shine. I watched as the mutants neared and circled around us, trying to find a weak spot. I smiled sadistically. How nice. This was going to be simple.

I was trained, even before the nuclear things hit, in multiple forms of martial arts and self-defence, by my father. I winced. I didn't want to think of that now.

And then, the battle commenced, as the rest of the group charged towards the mutants. We were largely outnumbered, but we had powers and weapons.

To my right, I could see Kitty sending a mutant into flames. To my left, Aqua was there, blasting mutants into pieces with water. Woah. Never underestimate Aqua ever again, I made a mental note to myself.

I focused on the mutant I was fighting, and immediately zoomed in on his weak spots. Knees not bent enough, feet too wide apart and shoulders too stiff. He stared at me, as if waiting for me to make the first move.

Fine.

I stepped towards him, raising an eyebrow. He didn't look well-trained in combat. This would be a piece of cake.

Cheesecake.

I shot a right uppercut at him, hoping that he would dodge it. I mean, it wasn't fun when your prey was easy, right? And... no. He didn't dodge it. I scoffed and stabbed my knife into his chest, twisting it a few times.

Whistle. Someone was whistling in the distance. I watched as a faint silhouette appeared in the distance. As I watched intently, I noticed the others finishing with the mutants. At least they were good in combat.

As the person neared, I noticed another group of mutants, much more than the last, behind her. I recognised her.

That traitorous bitch.

No. I wouldn't let my anger get the best of me. I couldn't, for my friends' sake.

Daisy. That name didn't suit her. Daisies were pretty.

"I'll deal with her. She's mine." I told the others, as they nodded in understanding.

The mutants charged at everyone except me. Daisy's orders, I guess. I was going to settle this once and for all.

She had betrayed me sometime ago. It used to be Daisy, Amber and I. Now, it was just Amber and me. She'd walked away one night, stealing all of our food and water storage, while deciding to partner up with the mutants.

She smirked confidently at me. I couldn't hold that side of me back anymore. Then, it was as though I had retreated into my mind, and the worse side of me took control.

I grinned sardonically. Little bitch thought she would kill me. Hell no. I wouldn't allow it.

She pounced at me, but I swiftly dodged it. I shook my head, saying,"Dearie, you should've learnt your lesson by now. Hmm?" Her face paled as she realised that that side was in control.

I rolled my eyes, and attacked. Right hook, left uppercut, roundhouse kick. She fell to the ground.

Too easy.

I held her down as I pulled out my knife, slowly and deftly slicing her face, bit by bit. Skin fell off in flakes as I smiled triumphantly.

Blood. More blood.

I traced patterns on her face, ruining it. "Not so much a daisy now, hmm?" I pouted at her.

I pressed down on her mouth with the flat side of the knife. "What if I... ruined this pretty mouth of yours? Such bullshit came out of it."

She shook her head frantically. I laughed lightly. "Of course, of course. That wouldn't be enough."

Her face paled even further.

I got up and pulled her up with me. "Come on, fight like a real woman!" I hissed at her.

I launched myself at her and sent a punch into her side. She immediately curled up into a ball, on the ground.

I looked down at her, before kneeling down slowly and deliberately. I jerked her chin up. That malicious glint in her eyes remained. And the worse side of me didn't like it one bit.

I cackled,"Aw, dear, you can't wait to kill me, can you? Too bad you won't get a chance."

I pressed down on her throat. "Where am I going to start, hmm?"

She gurgled in reply. "Can't you reply, dear? Oh! How silly of me? Your voice?"

I released the pressure on her throat. She didn't speak. I pressed down harder, much harder. Her face turned blue as she began to stop breathing.

She struggled and flailed around. Pity that I would have to break and destroy such a daisy.

I let go of her throat, and she sucked in a deep breath instantly. I laughed lightly, very much amused.

I plucked my necklace off my neck and put it on her. "Daisies deserve to die with something pretty." I whispered. Her eyes widened, but she made no sounds or moves to hurt me.

I put my knife on her throat. I pushed down, little by little, as blood started to gurgle out of her throat. Then, she stopped breathing at all. I pecked her cheek, saying,"You were fun to deal with, dear, but no one messes with Amber and me and gets away with it."

I got up, looking around, only to see the others staring at me, all shell-shocked. "Hmm? Darlings?" I questioned.

Aqua choked out,"Wha-what was that, Elle?"

I chuckled darkly and replied,"Darling, this is not Elle. This is the worse side of her. She doesn't let me out often, you know? Only once a year. But now, I'll be coming out much more often. Don't worry, I only harm the enemy. And I don't really know why I exist. It's a side effect of immortality I guess. Because if the person doesn't fight, which Elle is reluctant to do, then he or she cannot be counted as 'in combat'. Thus, this worse side of them is there to do so. I'm going to give her control now. And please, do get rid of those corpses and that Daisy. My necklace can be left with her. Daisies need to die with something pretty, isn't it?"

I felt the worse side retreat, and me get pushed forward.

I stumbled and fell, becoming disoriented. "Wha-what?" Were my last words before I blacked out fully.