During the Kill, Kitty

This chapter is by KittyCyanide, to whom Kitty belongs to.
You can also find it in one of her books, Short Stories.

Be sure to check her out!
~Aqua

🔥🔪🔥Kitty's POV🔥🔪🔥

I wander a dark wasteland, and I cannot see five feet in front of me. I've lost count of how many times I've had this same dream for the past week.

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair, touching the exact places where orange streaks would appear should I use my power.

My power.

I grin and hold out a hand, illuminating my palm with a golden-orange flame.

Why didn't I think of this before?

The fire suddenly burst out of control, consuming the air around it and shrouding me in a wave of flames. I open my mouth to scream but black smoke rushes in and my eyes begin to close.

"What's happening...?" I manage to murmur before the darkness overtakes me and I hear a single, piercing scream.

My eyes fly open and I heave a sigh of relief, before remembering the thing that woke me up.

A scream.

~ Time Skip ~

All I see is Jayden pulling a bloodstained knife out of Elle's chest.

"Ja-Jayden... ho-why!?"
Another despairing scream splits the air and I realised that it was Aqua, her tan face terribly pale.

Jayden smirks.

"Don't you get it? You all really are IDIOTS..."

A small murmur escaped my frozen lips.

"Wh-what...?"

"Don't you see? I never liked your little group to begin with! You were just tools to benefit me!"

He laughs, and I feel my heart break as I stared into his eyes.

His eyes.

They were turning red.
He was infected.

I let out a small gasp.

"Please Jayden, you don't have to do this!" Aqua said softly, trying to reason with the 16-year-old.
He ignores her.

He lifts the bloody knife and lunges at Aqua menacingly, eyes a crazed red.

I see Aqua flinch and close her eyes, but at the last second Drea threw a protective shield made of air in front of her, deflecting Jayden's blow.

Aqua came back to her senses and immediately summoned another shield, this one made from water. I was still standing still at a corner, frozen to the spot.

Jayden kept hacking at the shields with his blade, I could tell that Aqua and Drea were tiring. Sooner or later he would break through and someone would die.

I immediately unfroze as he turned to me, one of those without a shield.

He leaped at me, knife raised high, ready to slash my throat and end my life.

I raise me hand, sweeping it in a wide arc, creating an arc of flame that stuns Jayden, making him step back.

I quickly draw my sword and slash forward, tears running down my face.

As Jayden fell, his shirt stained with fast-flowing blood, I knew that I had made the right choice.

"I'm sorry Jayden. This is for your own good..." I yelled.

Jayden never got up again, His chest's rise and fall stopping. A single tear drops to the ground.