Prologue: High School Drama

Castaway - 5 Seconds of Summer

It's been three months since I left Beacon Hills. To say that I miss the pack is an understatement. I IM Stiles every night and the pack IM's me as a group on Saturdays. As of yet, Cerberus' warning hasn't come true, but I'm praying to the gods that it will never happen. Maybe I should go back to Beacon Hills. They need me. I can't just let them fight whatever this thing is without me.

"Nevah! Pay attention!" Someone screeched into my ear, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh my gods!" I jumped in my seat, my hand clutched my chest taking deep breaths. "Geesh! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?"

I heard the classroom fill with snickers and rude comments about my statement. Biting back a sarcastic remark, I sided with giving everyone a glare.

"Why would you say gods?" Cindy, one of the people who hates me at this school, questioned. Her lips were curled up in disgust.

"It's my religion. Build a bridge and get over it." I sighed, trying to calm myself down.

"Nevah!" Mrs. Peoples sternly said. I rolled my eyes. Today isn't my day. "Do you want me to call your guardian?"

"Cindy is the one who started it." I muttered to myself. With a huff, I crossed my arms against my chest.

"Nevah, dude, calm down." One of my only friends at Goode nudged my shoulder. I turned around to face Peter. "Calm down, okay?"

I nodded and ran a frustrated hand through my hair. Peter squeezed my shoulder and gave me a small smile. Once Mrs. Peoples quieted the remarks, she went back to teaching physics. A few minutes later, the bell rang and everyone started to gather there things.

"So, do you want to explain to me why you were a ticking time bomb in there?" Peter asked, adjusting the strap of his backpack on his shoulder. We walked out of the classroom and into the crowded hallway.

"I don't know. I guess I'm just having a bad day." I sighed. "I'm more agitated than usual. Cindy just kind of pushed me closer to the edge. Thanks for helping me back there, by the way."

"No problem. That's what best buddies are for, right?" Peter nudged my shoulder with a grin. I chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah." I sadly smiled, my mind instantly thinking about the pack. I should probably tell Percy about my thoughts of going back to Beacon Hills.

"Don't you have swim practice today?"

"Ugh, don't remind me. Please." I groaned out.

"Why?"

"Coach Wells thinks I'm out of shape. She's making me do extra laps. As much as I love swimming and the water, I think that's uncalled for. I mean, does it look like I am out of shape-" Someone roughly bumped into me, cutting me off. The person staggered a bit , her long black hair covering her face.

"Watch it Fish Face." Cindy spat out, pushing her hair out of the way. I squinted my eyes at her, biting the inside of my cheek. My hands instantly balled into fists.

"Nevah." Peter whispered, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I wasn't the one who bumped into someone else." I spat back. Cindy dryly chuckled.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is Princess in a bad mood today? I'll just come back again later." Cindy's posse laughed. I gritted my teeth together. "Besides, how did you not fall down when you bumped into me?"

"It's called having wonderful balance. I thought dancers were supposed to have that Cindy?" I gave her a bittersweet smile. "Come on, Peter. Let's go."