Ice Ice Baby

How Far Will I'll Go (cover) - Arden Cho

Lydia, Malia, Scott, and I ran into the bunker. Scott closed the vault door shit, turning the wheel to lock it. Malia and I just finished closing all the vents. Lydia came running down the tunnel.

"The tunnel gate's locked." She panted out, entering the bunker. "Everything's locked."

Scot closed the door behind her and locked it.

"Think it'll hold them off?" Malia asked.

"Probably not." Scott breathed out.

"Hopefully not." I gave her a sheepish smile.

"Definitely not." Lydia corrected.

"I was trying to be an optimist here, Lyds." I pouted.

"You guys aren't hoping I'm gonna be the optimist, are you?" Malia looked in between Lydia and Scott.

"Hey, I was trying to be an optimist." I frowned at her, crossing my arms.

"Yeah, it's not working." Malia shook her head. Lydia and Scott looked at each other before walking towards a contraption of sorts. It was the metal box that Parrish stood in that made us realize that Cerberus was the hellhound in him.

"So, how cold does this thing get?" Scott asked.

"Cold enough for a Hellhound." Lydia stated. We all stood in front of it. "It's not the same as the ice bath you gave Isaac but, it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive."

"So what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?" Malia stared at Lydia with wide eyes.

"It'll slow your heart rate, and put you in a trance-like state."  Lydia explained.

"Like hypnosis." Scott added.

"Hypnotic regression." Lydia corrected. "If we can figure out how to work it."

"This says 'start,'" Malia pointed towards a 'start' and 'stop' button. "So, maybe it's not that complicated."

"It's complicated." Scott countered, looking at the other side of the machine.

"Lydia is a literal genius." I said. Lydia looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Nothing is too complicated for her."

"I don't know Nevah." Lydia bit her lip, staring at the contraption in front of her.

"So, optimistically, how much time do you think we need to do this?" Malia questioned.

"As much time as Liam and Stilinski can buy us." Scott replied. He opened the door to the machine.

"Uh, can I say how much I hate the idea of having Sherriff Stilinski and Liam alone with Theo is a horrible plan?" I slightly raised my hand.

"I thought you were trying to be an optimist?" Malia perked an eyebrow.

"I am...I just like the idea of the two of them with Theo. I still don't trust him...even if he did kind of save my life." I grumbled, crossing my arms.

"Okay, I'm going in." Scott stated, taking off his shirt. "Malia, press the button."

Malia pressed the 'start' button. The lights inside the machine turned on with a buzz.

"Okay, it's doing something. You ready?" Malia looked at us with wide eyes. Scott looked at the machine before opening the door. Looking inside, he started to climb in. Lydia pursed her lips as she closed the door behind him. She locked it, the machine giving off a hiss. I stared at Scott with worry. He give me a small nod.