Chapter Nine: Mr. Britain

"A-are you serious??" Arthur looked at him with wide eyes, he then quickly paused and shook his head. "O-of course you're serious..." He chuckled to himself.

Mr. America put his hand on Arthur's shoulder.

"Congrats dude, you're gonna be great." He winked.

Arthur smiled a little and then looked at Daniel.

"When do I start?" Arthur questioned.

"Dude! We're gonna start..." Mr. America began to say.

"Now." Daniel said, "Show Arthur to the recording studio, Alfred." He said, gesturing them to go.

Mr. America smiled brightly and grabbed Arthur's hand, running inside.

"Don't we have to drive there-?" Arthur questioned, pacing with Mr. America as he huffed.

"Nah dude!" Mr. America said, running faster. "I've got a recording studio in my house! When I first bought it, it was huge!! So, I got rid of a couple of the bedrooms in the basement and now there's a recording studio down there, it's awesome!!!" He smiled, taking him inside the recording booth and tossing him a pair of headphones.

"This'll be fun." Arthur chuckled, grabbing the headphones and put them on, as Mr. America took out the lyric sheet for the song they were about to record, the upbeat instrumental began of the song. Mr. America glanced at Arthur.

"Ready?" He asked, smiling brightly.

Arthur nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be!" Mr. America smiled at his remark and he turned to face the booth, giving the producer a thumbs up, as they then began to sing in perfect harmony. The song was not long, only a little past two minutes, which was lucky for Arthur, considering it was his first official song. Arthur then had his own solo, as he was singing, Mr. America was caught off guard, left speechless, loving the sound of his voice. As soon as the solo was over, Arthur began singing, realizing Mr. America wasn't singing he nudged him and he immediately started to sing again. The song was finally over, it felt like a lifetime for Arthur, he was nervous and shaky and his palms were extremely sweaty.

"That was... surely something Mr. America." He said, smiling nervously at him.

"Yo! Dude, call me Alfred, you don't have to use my stage name all the time... speaking of stage name! Your new stage name is Mr. Britain or Mr. England... Mr. Britain sounds cooler, though!!!" He said excitedly.

"Mr. Britain, hm. Sounds like your name, but, is it only because I am British?" He asked.

"Yes, also cause you're very stereotypically British," He paused. "Like I am stereotypically American! It all works out dude! So, what do you say? Should we get to signing the deal?' He smiled hopefully.