Chapter Thirteen: Arthur's Angelic Voice

Alfred nodded and took Arthur's hand, interlocking their fingers as he ran inside with him, avoiding anyone trying to grab a picture or simply just recognize him. He took him into one of the recording rooms and had him set up. Leading into the recording room, as he adjusted the microphone for his height and gave him headphones before walking out. Arthur gulped nervously, feeling a sharp feeling in his throat. His stomach was fluttering. He carefully put on the headphones and sighed, trying to relax. He took a deep breath in, holding it for a few seconds before he exhaled, looking up at Alfred and the producer who was sitting in the room behind the glass. He glanced around at the room, the walls being filled with awards and posters of Alfred. He then looked over at Alfred and smiled softly before looking over at the producer and gave a thumbs up. He heard the music and fluttered his eyes closed. He then began to sing the lyrics along with it, nervously at first but soon relaxing as it just seemed to feel so natural. Alfred was surprised. It'd been about a month since the concert, and since he had heard Arthur's singing voice. But this couldn't compare. He could hear it perfectly. It was as beautiful sounding as a bird's chirp on a warm summer's morning. He sat down, listening to his song in awe. As Arthur finished, he took off the headphones and walked into the producer's room right across from the recording room. He then sat down and curled up, putting his knees up and putting his head in between them, his face red in embarrassment.

"That was so bad... wasn't it." He muttered from in between his knees, not wanting to see them.

"No! What are you talking about?! That was amazing! You have a beautiful singing voice, Arthur! Don't be embarrassed. In fact. I'm sure we would be a great duo! Of course... You may want to go solo, which is totally okay as well. But, if you want to be Mr. Britain, that would be just as awesome, dude!" He paused. "It's all up to you! And don't feel rushed, you have plenty of time until you absolutely have to make a decision." He said. The producer nodded.

"Yeah. Before we release it. I'll fix up the audio and put some final touches on it, then I'll send it to you and your manager. Who is your manager, Arthur?" he asked.

"He's got the same manager as me. Daniel Quinn." Alfred responded, sitting beside Arthur and rubbing his back tenderly, trying the comfort him.

"A-alright.." Arthur stuttered, sitting properly as he got up. "Are we done then?" he asked, looking over at Alfred and the producer.

"Yes, you may go. See you soon, hopefully." The producer said.

"Thank you. Arthur got up and walked out with Alfred by his side, as they walked, Arthur looked at all of the different awards and pictures of celebrities across the walls in a perfect, even row.

"Wow, there sure are a lot of pictures of you," Arthur said.

"I'm their best. A lot of these guys stopped performing young." He paused. "It's a pretty dark theory, but I'll tell you in the car. I don't want anyone to hear this, I could get in some serious trouble..." he said in a whisper, quickly making his way back to the car, the driver opening the doors as he got in followed by Arthur.