Chapter 9

Y/n POV
I knocked on Camila's door and wiped my sweaty hands on my pants before the door opened. I was met by Camila's father with an intense glare towards my face.

"What are your intentions with my daughter?" He asked still glaring at me.

"Just to make her happy sir." I said nervously. He looked me up and down before slowly moving to the side and letting me in. I was grateful that he let me inside instead of waiting outside because it was getting kinda cold.

"She'll be down in a couple of minutes." Her father said without looking at me. He went back to watching whatever he was watching on the television. I awkwardly waited by the door.

A couple minutes later I see an angle walk down the stairs smiling at me. God she's so beautiful. She walked towards me and I gave her the rose I had in my hand.

"Awe this is so sweet. You didn't have to get this for me." She said

"I wanted to though." I said

"I'm going to go out this in some water then we can go before my mom starts taking pictures." She said then kissed my cheek and left to the kitchen. When she came back she grabbed my hand and we walked outside to my car. I walk a little faster and open her door. She thanked me and got inside.

Skip car ride

Camila's POV

It was so sweet of her to open my door for me and get me a rose. Austin never did that. He would honk and yell at me to hurry up. She said we were having a picnic under the stars.

 "I hope this is okay

"I hope this is okay. I didn't want to go to a restaurant because I wanted to do something different but if you do-"

"You're rambling and it's perfect." I said. She blushed and grabbed my hand and softly pulled me towards the table.

Skip the eating because I'm lazy

After we ate we decided to lay on the grass and look at the stars.

"You know I've always wondered what this felt like." She said

"What do you mean?"

"What a date felt like. Believe it or not I've never been on a date before." She joked.

"So how does it feel?"

"Anything I do that's with you feels amazing." She said looking at me. I blushed.

"Stop it." I said

"Stop what?"

"Making me blush."

"But it's cute when you blush."

I blushed even more and shivered at the cool wind.

"Are you cold?" She asked

"Yeah but I'll be fine."

"Wait here." She went to her car and pulled out a blanket. She came back but something else was behind her back. She sat down and wrapped the blanket around me.

"I have a surprise for you." She said. I nodded for her to continue. She pulled out a new ukulele.

"Dinah went with me yesterday and I got a new one. I wanted to play something for you. It was a song my father sang to my mother on their first date." She said. She started strumming the ukulele.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

She looked at me with only love in her eyes.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

I smiled at her with the same amount of love in mine.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

She finished and I had tears in my eyes. She wiped them away and slowly leaned into me. I started leaning in too and we finally................................................................................

Kissed.