Part 15

Andy was very quiet as he sat across from me on the floor. He didn't seem angry, but I knew he had to be. I had ruined his beautiful face!

"I'm so sorry, Andy-" Andy raised one of his hands and cut me off.

"No, (Y/N), it is I that is sorry. I had thought I could find a way to be human, somehow, find a way to make you happy, but now I see that I am nothing but an abomination. I am repulsive, I don't even have a facsimile of a human face any longer, how could I ever be your Andy, my sweet goddess, I do you a disservice-"

I couldn't stand seeing him like this. I took his hand."-Andy, you're NOT an abomination! I don't understand how you exist, it's true, but you are handsome to me, still, even now." I saw his eyebrows go up. "See? You know it's true. I just wish I hadn't kissed you, I wish I had known, because I know you like to look human, and now-"

Andy took both of my hands in his. "-(Y/N), it is worth any price to have kissed your lips with mine. My only wish is to do it again, because I am truly in love with you. I know I'm not a human man, I know I am strange and different, but I know what love is, and I love you, (Y/N)."

I felt my breath stolen for a moment. Time stood still around us. Andy had said it before, but I hadn't been sure if he knew what the word meant. Now, I felt he did indeed. I chuckled quietly. "You are most definitely different, Andy. But I love you too."

I was a little embarrassed that a tear slid down my cheek when I moved to kiss Andy again, as the most beautiful smile crossed his face. I felt a rough hand gently touching my face, his sandy lips on mine, as euphoria like I'd never felt filled me.

The bliss was so great; I must have gotten confused. I went to stroke Andy's head, and my hand went right through his hair. I realized his lips were soft; so was his hand. Shocked, I pulled away, only to fall over at what I saw.

Andy... Andy was human!