Epilogue

I had just gotten off the phone with some folks, talking about American Satan and when production would get started, when I got the text I'd been expecting. Luckily, I wasn't driving, so I was able to deal with it right away. Apparently, SPECIAL #5 had tripped the alarm, and had finally transformed about 30 minutes ago. Excellent!

The SPECIALs were a small, secret little project of the band. Jinxx had come up with the idea together with my Aunt Julie. Seriously, leave it to those two to involve the paranormal or supernatural whenever possible. The SPECIALs all went to people who were lonely, that we wished we could be there for in person, but reality had its constraints.

SPECIAL #5 had gone to (Y/N), the daughter of a woman who had been a caretaker to my grandfather, Aunt Julie's father. We knew from her that she was a good woman and a big fan. Most importantly, she wasn't a total psychopath or a stalker. She had also, of course, ordered one of the figurines.

We had a set of supplies all ready to help them out. Birth certificate, social security number, a government photo ID, and a large packet of advice. In my 'Andy' packet, the first thing I suggested was some hair dye for when the poor neo-human was just starting to go out. He didn't need to get overwhelmed, getting requests for autographs. The second was refraining from living in LA, which would probably make it worse. I didn't need the world thinking I was cheating on Jules either. Then I had suggested getting a bunch of different tattoos, maybe some cover-ups over the ones we had in common, especially on his hands, as soon as possible. The Dragonfly thing was especially awkward; I suggested gloves until that was dealt with.

I smiled as I texted Jules: 'special #5 transformed send supplies :D'

After a second I added: 'thinking thai food yes/no? luv u'

----

Let me know if you are interested in a sequel to 'Action Figure' here (pardon the poor grammar):

http://www.strawpoll.me/10080053