Chapter 6

Jaz's POV

Groaning fills my ears as I run through the starved horde. I'm sure that it was this way, I think as I run through the abandoned city in search of food. Turning onto another zombie infested street I spot what I am looking for, a Woolworths supermarket. I bolt to the store entrance, burst in and thread a couple of metal pipes through the handles. That should keep them out for a bit, I think as I turn to the already raided supermarket.

There isn't much left in the 15 aisles, a few packets of things here and there. Most of which are about three days from its expire date. I turn to the glass doors where another twenty zombies are scraping at the glass. Good, they haven't cracked the glass yet, I think as I turn back to a couple of cans of baked beans.

I rummage through the back freezer looking for someone bottles of water or anything to drink. My parched mouth drove me to dig faster and deeper. Man, I'm looking desperate, I think as I look in every box I can find.

I emerge from the freezer two hours later, relieved that I'm no longer in the cold, when I hear the glass doors crack. Fuck! I think as I grab my bag and race to the roof.

Jumping from rooftop to rooftop isn't as hard without the others, I realize as I jump for the tenth time with ease. The only hard part is doing it with a heavy bag. The zombies are a few buildings behind me now, staggering after me in their usual drunken like way. Just a couple more, I say to myself before I jump again.

I slam a door of an apartment that I have run into to hide from the zombies that are tailing me like a pack of bloodhounds. With any luck they didn't see me. I turn to the empty apartment, keeping an eye and ear out for a zombie with me. I breathe I sigh of relief when I realize that there are no zombies. Then I hear a a door across the room slowly creak open.
-----------------------
Alyse's POV

I awaken to the sound of Nami screaming in horror as a zombie reaches through the window above her. I scurry to my feet whilst Eboni jams her rib-knife into it's head, making it release Nami who still had a panicked expression on her face.

"It-it..." Nami stammers as she looks at the double dead corpse hanging through the window. Then we hear scraping at another window, then another.

"It's not safe here!" Marley yells as she runs to the door. We all follow her hoping that we aren't surrounded. Michael clutches to my shirt in fear, making it harder to move quickly. I swear, this kid is getting on my nerves.

So here we are again, running from another horde. Fuck this is getting annoying, I think as I swerve through trees. This definitely isn't easy with a kid gripping my shirt to avoid being separated from me. Why me? Why am I stuck with him? I ask myself whilst running from the horde that is slowly closing in.

I jump into the bushes with the others, please tell me that they didn't see us, I think as I look through a small gap to see if the zombies were coming towards us or not.

I don't know how long we were waiting, half an hour? More? We cautiously climb out and stand up. I scan the are before saying "I think we're in the clear". Then I hear the sound of someone shooting at us.