Chapter 11: Surprising Events

You had no reason to believe even for a second that Kyoya could pull off planning a date that isn't overly extravagant. You have obvious reasons to think so from your experiences at Ouran Academy and what rich people think of when planning a "simple date".

Currently, you're rummaging through your closet in search of something casual to wear, like jeans and a nice top because wherever this date is, it should not involve a dress and heels. You pull out what you're going to wear and toss it on your bed.

"(Y/N)? Where are you going?" Haruhi asks from the doorway.

You sigh, deciding that it won't stay a secret for too long anyway.
"Promise you won't make fun of me."

"You know I wouldn't," she replies.

"I'm going on a date with Kyoya."

"Holy shit, are you serious?" Haruhi questions incredulously with wide eyes.

"Yes, now it's just a date, that's all. I'm not even sure where we're going," you respond.

"When did you start liking him?"

"Well, a couple of months back, really. I never wanted to engage in anything because, you know, but he asked me first," you answer.

"This is great! You and Kyoya are perfect for each other," Haruhi beams.

"Don't say things like that. This whole thing might go to hell," you point out.

"I don't think it will. Have fun," she says, leaving your room, and then shouting, "Dad! (Y/N) has a date!"

You groan loudly and wish you could evaporate in the air as you hear Ryoji's footsteps charging down the hall, then he appears in your room with his long maroon hair. Truth be told, you do see him as your father more than your real one, but the last thing you need is to be berated about this date.

"Who is this boy, (Y/N)?" Ryoji asks excitedly.

You sigh again in defeat. "His name is Kyoya Ootori. He manages the--"

"Kyoya?" Ryoji says. "Oh, that boy is so smart and kind!"

"How do you know Kyoya?" you inquire in shock.

"Well, don't tell Haruhi, but Kyoya has been calling me to keep me updated on her experiences at Ouran and yours. Neither of you tell me anything!" he complains.

"For this very reason," you mumble. "It's not a big deal. Kyoya is picking me up soon."

"Oh, I can't wait to meet him! I've been waiting for the day one of my girls goes on their first date."

"It's not my first date, but it's the first I care about. I don't know what will happen, but I do have hopes it will go well," you say lightly.

"I'll leave you to get ready. If you need help with your hair and makeup, just shout for me!" Ryoji sings, exiting the room.

You grin and slide your door close before changing into your outfit and doing other necessary activities. You walk out of your bedroom just in time to hear a knock on the door, then to witness Ryoji running over and swinging it competely open, revealing Kyoya. He's in a pair of jeans and light vest with sneakers (all designer, of course, but unexpectedly casual).

"Kyoya! It's so nice to finally meet you. Please, call me Ranka," Ryoji says.

"Pleasure to finally meet you as well," Kyoya replies with a charming smile. "I'm sure (Y/N) has informed you of why I'm here."

"Yes, but if you try anything--"

"Ryoji, please," you say, walking over to stop this before it gets intense. "I'll be back later."