Chapter 13: Tropical Getaway

Friday swings by and you had remembered Kyoya's plans, but you didn't expect to be kidnapped after school by Hikaru, Kaoru, and Tamaki. You had to ride almost an hour in a limousine to the destination, where you were then shoved into a dressing room with hundreds of designer bathing suits to try on with the helpers being extremely pushy.

The experience left you in a revealing bathing suit with, thankfully, an open cover-up so you're still showing off the suit but have the sense of coverage. Haruhi, on the other hand, was put in a one piece, but Tamaki forced her to wear a sweatshirt and shorts instead. You knew she would be more comfortable this way.

That is how you got to walking through the tropical climate produced by very high-tech equipment. You're actually quite impressed with the turnout. Without realizing it, you and Haruhi make it to where Kyoya is lounging on a chair with a drink in his hand and wearing a lavender shirt with matching shorts.

Haruhi questions him about what the place is and Kyoya answers with that pristine all-knowing attitude. You resist eye-rolling and Haruhi walks off to see if there's any way she can disappear from this nightmare. Meanwhile, you take the chair on the other side of the table by Kyoya.

"I have to say, this is actually really cool."

Kyoya sips his beverage. "Everyone seems to be having fun."

"Have they thanked you? You do so much for everyone, but no one ever realizes it," you say.

"It doesn't matter. At least one person sees my genius," he boasts.

"I said you're generous, not a genius."

Kyoya gives you a look. "I remember not too long ago you telling me how smart I am, and the fact that you called me 'Mr. Genius' in chapter three."

"I was trying to make you feel better," you scoff falsely.

"Yeah, I'm sure that was the case."

You lay back in the chair with your legs stretched out and you grab one of the drinks off the table to slurp on. You scan the area and watch Tamaki and The Twins annoy Haruhi while Mori keeps a close eye on Honey who's playing in the pool. Tamaki and The Twins start having a water gun fight with Haruhi and Mori taking a table next to yours, then the four of you watch the scene happen.

Tamaki, Hikaru, and Kaoru are speeding around the pool when Tamaki slips on a banana and tumbles into a tiki. You sit up in concern when the tiki starts glowing red and the pool begins to shift downstream with Honey still in it.

"Mitsukuni!"

"Honey!"

You jump from your seat as does Kyoya and can only stand by when Honey is rushed down the current. Tamaki rallies everyone together with an instant plan.

"Gentlemen! We're going after Honey! That pool looks like the quickest way. Charge!" he directs.

The five of them run off along the pool and you go to join them, but Kyoya throws his arm out in front of you to stop your action.

"Wait!" Kyoya shouts. "I wouldn't go--"

You sigh heavily when you hear your friends scream and scramble back to you and Kyoya.

"Alligators! Why alligators?" Tamaki shrieks.

Next to you, Kyoya takes out a small notebook from his pocket and holds a pen in his hand as he writes down something, and you know exactly why everyone is here now.

"Those alligators belong to the park's tropical animal exhibit. I guess it is kind of dangerous to just let them run wild. Although, the cause of our present situation seems to be the location of the switch for the current pool. I'll have to have a little chat with our designers." Kyoya closes his book and smiles creepily. "Thanks a lot, Guys. I got some great data today."