Chapter 3: part 1

~Robin's POV

It had been a little over three weeks since our...¨encounter¨ with Nio.

Right now the team and I were hanging out and talking at Mount Justice, bored out of our minds. Just as Wally opened his mouth to complain. Again. Batman, Black Canary and Martian Manhunter zeta beamed in.

¨Nio has been spotted hanging around downtown Gotham and Star City. Find him.¨ Batman ordered before we could ask for a mission. We all sprung out of seats and all but fled to the zeta beams.

~Danny's POV

I was sitting inside a small café in the downtown area with a classmate of mine, helping her finish the homework we needed to study for an upcoming test. I bought us a pizza to share and two iced teas.

¨Okay, so...is this how you solve these last few equations?¨ She asks me, biting her lip in nervous frustration. I peer at the paper over her shoulder.

¨No.¨ I say and she visibly deflated and lets out an agitated huff. ¨See here,¨ I point at the area she'd just been working on, ¨this is where you got wrong. You got the sequencing right, and your work is perfect, you just brought down the wrong answer so the rest of your equations are incorrect,¨ I explain.

¨Oh!¨ She gasps, as I help her go through the problem step-for-step, showing her what she did wrong and how to fix it. I offer her a smile when she does the last problems correctly. ¨You got it right. If you can remember where you have trouble and can figure out how to solve it like you just did then you'll pass Mr. Clifton's test on friday with flying colors.

¨ She smiles widely and surprised me by throwing her arms around my neck in a tight hug. Hesitantly, I hugged back. She pulled away and thanked me for tutoring her before gathering her stuff and leaving. I waved at her from the window before pulling out my own homework.

~Robin's POV

After a few hours of searching for Nio, we came up empty handed and were starving. Deciding on taking a break for dinner, we quickly changed into our civilian clothes and went to the nearest restaurant. A small café just off the main road called ¨Hana's.¨ We went in and quickly found out that, while not that well known, the place was packed with teens and students of all ages. There were no tables free.

As we turned to leave, I saw Miss Martian walk over to a student working by himself at a, somewhat, big table.

¨Hi!¨ She said happily.

The kid, startled by the sudden noise, jumped slightly before looking up at her. Confusion swept across his face, leaving just as quickly as it came.

¨Uh...hi?¨

¨Can my friends and I join you?¨ He shrugs indifferently. ¨Sure.¨

Carefully, he moved his bag and laptop out of the way and shuffled his papers into two neat piles to make room for us at the table as we sat down.

Going clockwise, this is how we sat: Artemis, Miss Martian, Superboy, Kid Flash, me, Aqualad and the kid sat with an empty seat on either side of him.

~Danny's POV

I was so engrossed in my homework that I didn't notice the group of teens that walked in until one walked u to me.

¨Hi!¨ A voice suddenly said, startling me. I looked up and saw a pale, red haired girl smiling and standing next to the table I was working at.

¨Um...hi?¨ I say, more as a question due to my confusion at her sudden appearance. Why is she talking to me-no one else does.

¨Can my friends and I join you?¨

I shrug non-communicatively. ¨Sure.¨ I carefully moved my bag and laptop out of the way and stacked my papers into two neat piles so they could comfortably sit at the table.

¨My name is Megan,¨ the girl from before said happily.

¨Artemis,¨ the only other girl in the group said rudely.

¨Conner,¨ the tall raven haired boy said from the other side of Megan, seemingly uninterested in anything but Megan herself.

¨My name is Wally,¨ the other red head, a boy, said happily while eyeing what was left of my pizza.

¨Richard, bit you can call me Dick.¨ A raven haired boy in heavily tinted sunglasses, around thirteen of fourteen, said coolly-though his tone held a note of curiosity.

¨It is a pleasure to meet you, my name is Kaldur.¨ The last boy, only a few years younger than me, introduces as he holds his hand out for me to take.

I gladly shook his hand and nod in greeting. ¨My name is Danny.¨

¨Thank you for letting my friends and I join you at your table, I hope we have not disturbed you.¨

I shake my head with a small smile. ¨No problem, really. I'm just finishing up some class work before I had home.¨

They nod and start taking amongst themselves as I go back to my work.

To be continued...