Love Complications ~ Chapter 9

“Missy?”

“Yeah?”

“What are you hiding from me?”

“Just your birthday present. And you are not allowed to see it.”

“MISSY, you really didn’t need to get me anything.”

“But I wanted to, your my best friend.”

“ugh. I hate it when you use that card on me. Hurry I wanna show something.”

“OK. Mick, take this to the house. And put it somewhere where Kate won’t find it please!”

“Sure thing.”

“COME ON! I really want you to see this. I need a second opinion. I can’t decide.”

“Ha-ha, well I thought anyone in this building would have helped you with a second opinion.”

“Not funny Missy. I wanted you here because I know you are going to tell me the truth.”

“Awe, you mean it?”

“Ha-ha shut up Missy, and help.”

“OK, where is it? Show me it.”

“OK, this is it.”

I was speechless. I had to say I hated it because I got the exact same thing for her birthday. But I didn’t want to hurt her feelings.

“uhhhhhhh.”

“Well?”

“I hate it. I absolutely hate it.”

“O. ok well we can get something else.”

“I’m really sorry if I hurt you. But I really didn’t like it.”

“It’s ok. I asked for your honest opinion. And if that’s what you thought of it then I’m not going to get it.”

“Well. O, MY, GOD! Check out that dress!”

“HOLY COWS! Missy, that’s beautiful!”

“I know. That’s why you have to try it on.”

“OK!”

Wow I am so lucky I found that dress in time. It really is beautiful. I loved everything about it. That slick, sexy look. The gold sequins. I could see Kate in it with her hair up and straightened. She would look beautiful.

“OK, I’m ready.”

“OK, show me then.”

“What do you think?”

I was absolutely speechless. I didn’t know what to say. I felt like I was best friends with a model right then and there.

“What? Do I look fat in it? O man I’m going to change then.”

“NO, NO! You look beautiful. I was just speechless that’s all.”

“Ok, that was uncalled for. I’m pretty sure your exaggerating.”

“No, I was speechless.”

“Ok then, I’m going to get it.”

“ok.”

……..YOU HAVE ONE NEW MESSAGE…………..Chase

The party is all set up. Everyone is here. You can bring here home now.

Thank God. I thought it would be a disaster.

“Ok, Kate. Are we going to go home now?”

“Yes of course we can. I actually want to get home so I can show mum the dress.”

“I’m sure she will love it.”

“O, well you don’t know my mum then.”

“Ha-ha ok then. We will see.”

We were on our way home and I saw Chelsea standing outside the house. I started to panic because I didn’t want Kate to see her. So I got out of the car and told Mick to put the tints up. As soon as they were up I pounced onto Chelsea and wrestled her to the ground and told her to sneak around the back and get in.

“MISSY!”

“Yeah?”